PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Russia
Five major districts in Russia generated around 85.0% of the country’s GDP and comprised 78.0% of the total population in 2017.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 27% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (19%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (15.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors grew by 10.7%, 7.5% and 5.9%, respectively, in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- FDI inflows to Russia slowed down in 2017
- In March 2018, President Putin announced that Russia will spend 11 tn rubles (US$193.77 bn) on roads and related infrastructure during 2019-2024
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure rank of Russia declined from 90th in 2014 to 99th in 2016 out of 160 countries.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Russia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe, and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Moscow Stock Market Index - MICEX10
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: Main Invested Sector (2017) and FDI Inflow by Sectors (2013-2017)
- Exhibit 7: FDI Inflow by Region (2013-2017) and Main Invested Region (2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
- Exhibit 14: Mineral fuels and oils, % of World Exports - 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Russia 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions