PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Israel
Tel Aviv district and Jerusalem are the major regions of Israel where most of the economic activities take place.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 31.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (13%) and transport, storage and communication (12.7%). According to GlobalData estimates, the three sectors (nominal terms) grew by 4.5%, 3.1% and 4.2% respectively in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- The overall TA 35 index (Israeli stock market index that lists 35 largest companies) exhibits an upward trend over the last one year. As of May 1,, 2018, TA 35 index stood at 1,463.8 as compared to 1,403.5 on May 3, 2017
- Majority of the inward FDI was directed towards the trade and services sector in Israel in 2016
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Israel has improved over the last two years with jump in rank from 41st in 2014 to 28th out of 160 countries in 2016.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Israel’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and North Africa and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: TA 35 Stock Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI inflows and outflows (2013-2017) and FDI trend by industry (2014-2016)
- Exhibit 7: FDI share by region (2016) and FDI trend by type of investment (2013-2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
- Exhibit 14: Pearls, stones and precious metal, % of world total, 2016
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Israel 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions