PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Indonesia
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 30.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by Wholesale, retail and hotels (16.5%) and Agriculture activities (13.7%). According to GlobalData estimates, the three sectors (nominal terms) are expected to grow by 9.7%, 10.4% and 10.4% respectively in 2018.
Five major provinces of Indonesia generate around 58% of the country’s GDP and comprise 56% of the country’s population.
Reasons to buy
- Singapore, Japan and China contributed around 53% to the total FDI of Indonesia in 2017
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Indonesia declined over last two years with decline in rank from 53rd in 2014 to 63rd out of 160 countries in 2016
- In 2018, Jokowi, President of Indonesia plans to allocate US$30.23 bn for infrastructure development in Indonesia.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Indonesia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: JKSE Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI trends by location, 2014 and 2017
- Exhibit 7: FDI trend by region 2013-2017 and Q1 2018
- Exhibit 8: Country wise - FDI by country (2017) and FDI trend (2013-2017)
- Exhibit 9: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 11: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 12: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 13: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 14: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
- Exhibit 15: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of their Distillation;, % of World Total, 2017
- Exhibit 16: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 17: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 18: Public Finance
- Exhibit 19: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 25: Gender Split
- Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 28: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Indonesia 2018
- Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions