PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - India
Emerging cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad are new drivers for economic growth with lower share of population as compared to old metro-cities.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 21.4% to the GVA in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities activities (21.0%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (11.9%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 12.1%, 11.2% and 11.5%, respectively, in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Mauritius, Singapore and Japan were the largest sources of FDI inflow to India during April 2000 to March 2018
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in India’s rank improved over the last two years from 54th in 2014 to 35th out of 160 countries in 2016
- Over the next two decades, the Government of India has planned an investment of US$1.5 tn for modernization and development of infrastructure.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: India’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: BSE SENSEX (^BSESN)
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: Direct Investment in India (2012-13 to 2017-18) and FDI by Type (2017-18) and FDI Equity by Sector (2015-16 to 2017-18)
- Exhibit 7: FDI by Country (2016) and FDI Inflows by Sector (2016)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
- Exhibit 14: Natural, Cultured Pearls; Precious, Semi-precious Stones, Etc., Share in World Exports, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in India 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions