PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Germany
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 26.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (25.3%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (11.6%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.4%, 2.4% and 4.8%, respectively, in 2018.
The Budget of 2018 aims to invest EUR14.1 bn (US$16.4 bn) in transport infrastructure.
Reasons to buy
- Nordrhein-Westfalen Region, Bayern Region and Baden-Württemberg Region are among the best performing regions in Germany. They contributed 54.7% to the GDP and comprised 50.6% of the German population, as in 2016
- Germany retained its top spot out of 160 nations in the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018
- Europe continues to be the leading investor in Germany with FDI share of 86.8% in 2016, followed by America and Asia with FDI share of 9.7% and 2.1%, respectively.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Germany’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Germany DAX 30 Stock Market Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI inflow and outflow (2014-2017), and share of FDI inflow by sectors (2017)
- Exhibit 7: Investment by Region and Country (2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
- Exhibit 14: Vehicles, % of World Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Germany 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions