PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Ecuador
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 22.4% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (13.1%), and construction (11.4%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 0.6%, 1.4% and 2.8% respectively in 2018.
Guayas and Pichincha provinces are two major regions of Ecuador, with share of 43% of the total population and 49.1% in total GDP.
Reasons to buy
- Lion’s share of foreign investment inflows was from European nations in 2017
- The Government of Ecuador has invested heavily in infrastructure since the earthquake in 2016
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Ecuador improved over the last two years with an increase in rank from 86th in 2014 to 74th out of 160 countries in 2016.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Ecuador’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Ecuador General Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: Total FDI Inflows (2012-2017) and Comparison of FDI inflow by Sector (2012 and 2017)
- Exhibit 7: FDI by countries and share of sectors in total FDI inflow (2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
- Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuels and Oils Export Share in World Exports by Country, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labor force participation rate
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Ecuador 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions