PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Croatia
Jadranska Hrvatska and Kontinentalna Hrvatska are the major regions of Croatia. Kontinentalna Hrvatska accounts for around 68% of the total GDP and 67% of the total population of Croatia.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 24.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (20.7%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (17.6%). According to GlobalData estimates, the three sectors (nominal terms) are expected to grow by 3.9%, 3.3% and 5.1% respectively in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Croatia has improved over the last two years with jump in rank from 55th in 2014 to 51st out of 160 countries in 2016
- Slovenia and Montenegro contributed around 58% to the total FDI of Croatia in 2017
- Ten billion Kuna (approx. US$1.6 bn) has been allocated for Croatia’s transport infrastructure from EU Funds for 2014-2020.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Croatia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: CROBEX Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI Trend (2013-2017), FDI Contribution (2017) And FDI Trend by Industry (2013-2017)
- Exhibit 7: Country wise - FDI Share (2017) and FDI Trend (2013-2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
- Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of their Distillation;, % of World Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Croatia 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions