PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - China
Services contributed (50.4%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by manufacturing, mining and utilities (34.1%). In nominal terms, the overall GVA is expected to grow at an average pace of 9.2% in 2018 and 2019.
Eastern China accounts for most of the provincial GDP as compared to western China. Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu and Guangdong are the major provinces of Eastern China. Better sea connectivity has boosted manufacturing in these provinces.
Reasons to buy
- China ranks 27th out of 160 countries as per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2016. China’s infrastructure spending remains one of the major drivers for economic growth
- China continues to spend heavily on infrastructure as investments in roads and connectivity continue to increase. However, the pace of infrastructure spending is set to take a hit from industrial overcapacity and crackdown on local government debt.
- Manufacturing followed by real estate attracts most of the FDI inflow in China. FDI inflows have slowed down in recent years as macroeconomic risk rises with high debt levels
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: China’s performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Emerging Asia and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: SSE 100 index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI inflows, inflows by country and FDI by sector’s share (2016)
- Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
- Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
- Exhibit 13: Total Value of nuclear reactors, boilers and mechanical appliance export as % of World Export, 2016
- Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 16: Public Finance
- Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 19: Average yearly wages, 2012-16
- Exhibit 20: Total wage bill
- Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Gender Split
- Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 26: Business R&D Expenditure (% of total expenditure), 2015
- Exhibit 27: Doing Business in China 2018
- Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
- Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions