PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Austria
Upper Austria, Lower Austria and Vienna contributed 58.0% of the country’s GDP and comprised 57.0% of the Austria’s population as of 2017. More than three quarters of Austria’s overall FDI inflows were from European nations in 2017.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 29.8% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (15.1%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (12.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.1%, 4.6% and 5.0%, respectively, in 2019.
The ATX Index, widely considered a benchmark of the overall performance of stocks listed in the Vienna Stock Exchange, has exhibited a decreasing trend. As of April 8, 2019, the ATX Index stood at 3,139.38, compared to 3,452.24 on April 6, 2018.
Reasons to buy
- As per the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Austria has improved over the last two years with jump in rank from seventh in 2016 to fourth out of 160 countries in 2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Austria’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: ATX Stock Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2014-2017), FDI Share by Industry (2017), FDI Trend by Industry (2014-2017)
- Exhibit 7: FDI Share by Region (2017) and FDI Trend by Country (2014-2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2018
- Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors, Boilers, Machinery and Mechanical Appliances; Parts thereof, % of World Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (January 2012-March 2019)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population(1990, 2000,2010 & 2020f)
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000,2010 & 2020f)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (2000,2010 & 2020f)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports), 2017
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Austria 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)