Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Make-Up Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High growth Economies
The Asia-Pacific make-up sector, valued at US$14,093.4 million in 2017, is forecast to reach US$20,134.5 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.4%. The region’s growing young population of ‘fashion forward individuals’ believe in maintaining their appearance in society, thus are more likely to experiment with make-up products. Moreover, consumers in developed nations such as Australia and Japan are using novel beauty and grooming products to enhance their looks. The per capita consumption of make-up products in the region stood at 0.3 units in 2017, while per capita expenditure stood at US$4.2 in the same year.
Face make-up held the largest value share of 50.2% in 2017, and is forecast to record a CAGR of 7.2% during 2017-2022.The lip make-up category was the second-largest in the region, with a value share of 27.9%.
In Asia-Pacific, among the high potential countries (Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, and India), China was the largest market for make-up products in 2017. Department stores was the leading distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific make-up sector, with a value share of 22%, while rigid plastics accounted for the largest share of pack material in the Asia-Pacific make-up sector, with a volume share of 75.4%.
Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Make-Up Sector, report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's make-up sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific make-up sector. It includes analysis on the following -
Reasons to buy
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of make-up by categories across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for make-up across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2017. It covers five distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, health & beauty stores, department stores, e-retailers and others that include “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers”, and drugstores & pharmacies
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of make-up.
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
- 1. Executive summary
- 2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - by region
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by market
- 3. Growth potential by countries
- Risk and reward analysis - Opportunity scores
- 4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of make-up compared to other cosmetics & toiletries sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and make-up categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
- 5. High potential countries
- 6. Success stories
- 7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand Share Analysis in the make-up sector
- Leading companies in make-up sector
- Leading brands in the sector
- Private label penetration in the sector
- 8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by markets
- 9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key package material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
- 10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
- 11. Appendix
- 12. Trend definitions
- 13. About GlobalData
- List of Tables
- Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2017-2022
- Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
- Countries in the region - Overview
- Value share of the make-up sector as a proportion of other food sectors by country, 2017
- Change in consumption by market within make-up (value terms), 2017-2022
- Per Capita Consumption in the region by countries, 2017
- Per Capita Expenditure in the region by countries, 2017
- Leading brands in the sector and categories by value, 2017
- Leading companies in the sector by value sales, 2017
- Leading Brands (including Private label) in the sector by value, 2017
- Private label penetration in the sector
- Leading Distribution Channels in the region by countries, 2017
- Leading Distribution Channels in the region by markets, 2017
- List of Figures
- Annual value growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
- Annual volume growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
- Value and volume growth analysis by country (2017-2022)
- Value and volume growth analysis by category (2017-2022)
- Country level contribution to the growth by Markets in the region, 2017-2022
- high potential country - Demographic Analysis
- Key package material volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by package material (2012-2022)
- Key pack type volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by pack type (2012-2022)
- Key closure type volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by closure type (2012-2022)
- Key primary outer volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by primary outer type (2012-2022)