Online Retailing in the Netherlands, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Online Retailing in the Netherlands, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Netherlands retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Netherlands retail industry.
Online retailing in the Netherlands is forecast to record a CAGR of 12.7% during 2016-2021 and increase from €9.3 billion in 2016 to €16.8 billion in 2021, mainly driven by convenience, increasing smartphone penetration, and the increasing availability of a wide range of products at competitive prices.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- The Netherlands online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 12.7% during 2016-2021
- Wire transfer is the most preferred payment method
- Online sales share will grow from 8.0% in 2016 to 13.1% in 2021
- Clothing & footwear and electricals to register the fastest growth between 2016-2021
- Bol.com is the leading online pureplay retailer with 18.8% market share
- Clothing & accessories is the most preferred category in m-commerce
- Established grocery retailers expanding online
- Online penetration in electricals is the highest across all sectors
- Online sales in health and beauty sector to more than double between 2016 and 2021
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Netherland retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Netherland retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Online Summary
- Drivers and Inhibitors
- Key Trends
- Market Context
- Online Retail in the Netherlands
- Clothing & Accessories
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty