Online Retailing in Canada, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Online Retailing in Canada, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Canada retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Canadian retail industry.
Despite a slowdown in the growth rate of the population, Canada’s population is on the rise and is set to grow by 2 million to reach 38.3 million by 2021. Despite a low birth rate population growth will be driven by migration which is positive news for retailers as most migrants are adults that will become immediate consumers in the Canadian market.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Canadian online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 13.4% during 2016-2021
- American retailers dominate e-commerce in Canada
- Online sales will be almost double during 2016-2021
- Electricals will be the largest and clothing & footwear will be the fastest-growing sector
- Amazon is the market leader with 34.5% share of the value market in 2016
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals accelerate online sales
- Online food & grocery sales are rising
- Consumers prefer local and organic cosmetics over “unnatural” alternatives
- A buoyant housing market to drive online sales growth
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Canadian retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Canadian retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Online summary
- Drivers and inhibitors
- Key trends
- Market Context
- Online retail in Canada
- Apparel & accessories
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty