Ocean Power Technologies Inc (OPTT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Ocean Power Technologies Inc (OPT) is a provider of ocean energy solutions. The company develops, manufactures, and sells ocean wave power conversion technology products. Its PB3 PowerBuoy product integrates technologies in hydrodynamics, energy conversion, electronics, and computer control systems to extract energy from ocean waves. OPT serves offshore power and real-time data communications applications in defense, security, ocean observing, oil and gas, and communications offshore wind sectors in Asia, North America, and Europe. Through a direct sales force including employees and industry expert consultants, the company markets PowerBuoys systems. The company has in-house manufacturing, assembly, final systems integration, and testing of the PTO and its components facility in the US. OPT is headquartered in Monroe, New Jersey, the US.
Ocean Power Technologies Inc Key Recent Developments
Aug 23,2023: Ocean Power Technologies Unveils Breakthrough: WAM-V Demonstrates Remote Connection to PowerBuoy® for On-Water Charging
Aug 14,2023: Ocean Power Technologies to Report 2023 First Quarter Results on September 13, 2023
Apr 27,2023: Ocean Power Technologies to participate in water tower fireside chat series
Apr 13,2023: OPT PowerBuoy System prototype ushers in next generation of Wave Power System technologyKey benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.Note:
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company