Nicaragua: Country Intelligence Report
The Nicaraguan telecoms market has experienced very few advances in terms of regulation over the last decade, limiting growth opportunities in the market. The government, however, is currently working on a new regulatory framework to replace the outdated telecoms law from 1995 (Law 200) and reflect the changes that the market has undergone in the last 20 years, helping to promote competition, investment in new infrastructure, and service penetration levels.
As the Total telecom and pay-TV revenues in Nicaragua, is set to grow at a decent CAGR of 3.5% from NIO22.2 million in 2018 to NIO26.3 billion by 2023, supported by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments, the future bill, which is being backed by Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), is expected to address areas such as number portability (NP), broadband Internet service promotion and service affordability, among others.
Mobile data revenue will be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 8.6% in US$ (14.1% in NIO) over 2018-2023, driven by rising mobile internet subscriptions, particularly over smartphones and rising adoption of 4G services with higher ARPU. Fixed broadband revenue will grow at a 2.1% CAGR (7.2% in NIO) over 2018-2023 led by growth in DSL, cable subscription and increasing FTTx adoption. Pay-TV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 5.6% in US$ (10.9% in NIO) led by subscription growth across all technology platforms, including cable, DTH, and IPTV.
Nicaragua: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Nicaragua today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Key Snippets from the report -
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Nicaragua will grow at a CAGR of 3.5% in terms of NIO (decline at a CAGR of 1.5% in terms of $) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 51.7% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2023, mainly driven by projected adoption of 3G and 4G services.
- Movistar and Claro dominates the mobile service market with subscription share of 53% and 46.6% respectively, while, Xinwei accounted just 0.4% share as of 2018.
- The rollout of a national fiber-optic network, backed by international organizations, will drive access to fixed broadband in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to buy
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Nicaragua.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Nicaragua’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Nicaragua’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Nicaragua’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Nicaragua.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData