Myanmar: Country Intelligence Report
The telecom service revenue growth in Myanmar over 2018-2023 will be driven by the mobile data and fixed broadband segment. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment by 2022 driven by rising smartphone penetration, rising consumption of data and increasing mobile broadband subscriptions. Going forward, operators will focus on offering data-centric services and invest in LTE/LTE-A infrastructure development and coverage expansion.
Broadband segment will witness investments in FTTx technology, supported by the government's universal service strategy to boost broadband penetration in the country and providing significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
The report Myanmar: Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Myanmar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Myanmar
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
MPT, Ooredoo Myanmar, Telenor Myanmar, YTP, 5BB, MytelScope
Reasons to buy
- Overall telecom service revenue in Myanmar will grow at a CAGR of 2.2% from $2.4 billion to about $2.6 billion by year-end 2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 93.8% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G will become the most adopted mobile technology by 2021. Rising smartphone subscriptions and LTE network expansions from operators will drive subscriber growth.
- MPT led the mobile market by subscription count in 2018, followed by Telenor and Ooredoo. We expect Mytel, which was launched in March 2018 will emerge as the leading MNO by 2022 on the back of its aggressive network expansion investments.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Myanmar’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Myanmar’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Myanmar’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Myanmar.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Myanmar Posts and Telecommunications (MPT)
- Ooredoo Myanmar
- Telenor Myanmar
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData