Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific: Telco Service Portfolios and Positioning Strategies
Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific: Telco Service Portfolios and Positioning Strategies, is a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of mobile financial services (MFS) in Asia-Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the telco service portfolios and positioning strategies in the region, analyzing key trends on telcos' mobile financial offers, business models to foster their position in the mobile financial space, and case studies.
After more than a decade since the first mobile financial service was launched in Asia-Pacific the number of telco-based MFS offers in the region increased significantly, but many of them have not yet reached the desired scale for telcos to monetize from the MFS opportunity, particulalry in developed APAC where competition in the MFS space from banks, fintechs and itnernet companies is fierce.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services Market Context; this section provides the taxonomy and categories within the mobile financial services space.
- Section 2: Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific; This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of mobile network operators' mobile financial services.It also looks at the recent development and the current state of MFS in Asia-Pacific, while also providing a closer look at the differences and similarities of mobile person-to-person payments.
- Section 3: Case studies; this section looks at a two different case studies from Asia-Pacific giving insight into mobile network operators' portfolios, strategies, and positioning in mobile financial services.
- Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations; it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the Asia-Pacific mobile financial services market.
Reasons to buy
- MNOs are partnering with financial institutions in order to enhance their m-P2P/B solutions, streamlining the process of transferring and receiving money.
- In Asia-Pacific, mobile digital wallets is the most popular type of MFS solution, enabling transactions from connected devices and a variety of providers to offer branded m-wallet services.
- Smartphone penetration of population is expected to reach 64% in Asia-Pacific by year-end 2018, proving that more people have access to a mobile device than to banking services in the region.
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) portfolios and positioning in the Asia-Pacific markets.
- The report investigates MFS trends, milestones, and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the Asia-Pacific region.
- To study Asia-Pacific’s most competitive MNO MFS provisions, in order to inform strategic decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
- List of exhibits
- Executive Summary
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services Market Context
- Mobile financial services portfolio
- Section 2: Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific
- Taking a closer look at M-P2P - service comparison
- Drivers and inhibitors
- Key milestones
- Section 3: Case studies
- Globe Philippines MFS
- AIS Thailand MFS
- Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations
- Key findings and recommendation
- Acronyms and definitions
- Companies mentioned
- About the authors
- About GlobalData
- Contact information
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Simplified enterprise cloud computing adoption framework
- Exhibit 2: MNO mobile financial services
- Exhibit 3: Pricing of M-P2P services, 2018
- Exhibit 4: Key factors for MFS development
- Exhibit 5: Telcos mobile money key milestones
- Exhibit 6: Globe MFS ownership structure
- Exhibit 7: Globe MFS users, monthly transaction volume, & loan disbursements, 2015-2017
- Exhibit 8: AIS MFS platforms and addressable market
- Exhibit 9: AIS bank transfer MFS service ecosystem
- Exhibit 10: AIS MFS user base 2017 (million)