Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa and Middle East
Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa and Middle East' a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Africa & Middle East. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends in the region.
Mobile user penetration reached 61.9% in 2020, and it will reach 74.1% by the end 2025 supported by mobile coverage expansion in under-penetrated countries.
Mobile subscriptions in AME will reach 1.53 billion by 2020. Smartphone subscriptions will continue to drive growth, adding 656.6 million subscriptions over 2020-2025.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Africa & Middle East in the global context; this section provides a comparison of Africa & Middle Eastern mobile telecom market size and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Competitive dynamics; this section provides competitive analysis of various MNOs and MVNOs in Africa & Middle East's mobile market.
- Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends in Africa & Middle East; it provides analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of mobile subscriptions, users, and penetration along with device and traffic trends.
- Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends in Africa & Middle East; this section examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2018-2023.
- Section 5: Key findings; a summary of key findings for Africa & Middle East mobile broadband market.
Reasons to Buy
- Mobile data services revenue will account for 63.1% of total mobile service revenue by 2025 up from 49.4% in 2020 as mobile video consumption and network capacity (4G) increases.
- 4G LTE subscriptions reached 424.4 million in 2020 and will expand to 1.05 billion in 2025.
- 5G subscriptions will reach 117.1 million by 2025, with the launch of 5G across most of the MENA region.
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Africa & Middle East's mobile telecommunications markets trends in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Africa & Middle East's mobile communications markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Africa & Middle East.
- AME’s mobile broadband markets
- key takeaways
- AME highlights
- Section 1: AME in a global context
- AME’s main facts
- AME’s demographics at a glance
- AME in a global context
- Section 2: Competitive dynamics
- Competitive dynamics in AME
- AME’s main competitive market trends
- Competitive dynamics in AME
- Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends
- Mobile user trends in AME
- Mobile technology trends in AME
- 5G Innovators
- Mobile device trends in AME
- M2M/IoT trends in AME
- Mobile traffic trends in AME
- Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends
- Mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) trends in AME
- Mobile revenue trends in AME
- Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
- Key findings and recommendations
- Acronyms and definitions
- Companies mentioned
- Related research
- Contact information
- List of Figures
- Population, 2020 2025 (millions)
- Nominal GDP, 2020 2025 (US$ trillion)
- Real GDP growth, 2014 2020
- User penetration, 2020 (% of population)
- Subscription penetration, 2020 (% of population)
- Prepaid subscriptions as a % of total subscriptions
- Monthly ARPU, 2020 (US$)
- Data as a share of total ARPU, 2020 (% of ARPU)
- Monthly voice MOU, 2020 (minutes/month)
- Major competitive changes, 2016 2020
- MVNO subscriptions and share of total mobile subscriptions in AME, 2019 2025
- Top five markets in terms of MVNO market share in AME, 2020
- Mobile user penetration vs. PPP adjusted GDP per capita, 2020
- Unique mobile users, AME, 2020 2025 (billions)
- Mobile subscriptions and penetration in AME, 2020 2025
- Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2020 2025
- Top five markets in terms of 5G subscriptions as a % of total subscriptions, 2025
- Mobile subscriptions by device type, 2020 2025 (millions)
- Net additions by device type, 2020 VS. 2025 (millions)
- Mobile handset subscriptions by type, 2020 2025 (millions)
- Oreedoo’s smartphone bundles, 2020
- M2M/IoT subscriptions and revenue, 2020 2025
- Examples of solutions offered by telcos
- Total mobile data traffic, 2020 vs . 2025 (
- Mobile ARPU in AME (USD), 2020 vs. 2025
- Cost of 1GB of data as % of the total monthly PPP adjusted GDP per capita, 2020 (USD)
- Mobile service revenue by device type, 2020 vs. 2025
- Fastest growing markets in terms of mobile service revenue; CAGR 2020 2025