Middle East and Africa (MEA) Egaming Market Latest Developments, Telco Value Propositions, and Monetization, 2022 Update
Middle East and Africa (MEA) Egaming Market Latest Developments, Telco Value Propositions, and Monetization, 2022 Update,’ a new Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the egaming market in AME. It delivers deep qualitative insights into the egaming industry, egaming value chain and ecosystem dynamics. It also analyzes key trends in the egaming industry and provides insights into telco egaming monetization strategies.
'The egaming and esports market continues to be active with new trends, emerging, new entrants, and M&A activity. Telcos in Africa and the Middle East are targeting the egaming and esports market with value propositions such as egaming add-ons and subscriptions, bundled gaming equipment, esports hubs and tournaments, and strong mobile and fixed connectivity to support egaming.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Egaming taxonomy & market context: an overview of egaming at a global level and analysis of the egaming value chain and key trends. This section also analyzes the latest developments in the cloud gaming market and provides an overview of a large selection of cloud gaming value propositions from technology companies and gaming providers.
- Telco egaming & esports activity & latest developments in AME: This section outlines ten telco egaming & esports value proposition strategies and provides examples of telcos’ current activity in the egaming & esports space.
- Case studies: this section analyzes the egaming & esports value propositions, business models, and strategies of four telecom operators in AME.
- Key findings and recommendations: the Insider Report concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for Egaming stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
Reasons to Buy
- The egaming and esports market is ramping up in AME, particularly in the Middle East.
- Some telcos in the AME are targeting the eSports market by providing eSports gaming platforms, hosting tournaments, and sponsoring eSports teams.
- Some telcos in the AME offer egaming add-ons with dedicated gaming data and egaming subscriptions to their mobile and fixed broadband subscribers.
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the Egaming value chain and business models. It helps executives fully understand the ecosystem, market dynamics, and latest developments. It helps telecom decision-makers determine key egaming (including cloud gaming) positioning strategies, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize return on investments.
- Four telco case studies from Africa and the Middle East illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around different telco egaming value propositions in the region, including services, monetization approaches, and partnerships. This will help telecom executives craft adapted egaming strategies to unlock new revenue streams.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the egaming market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for egaming ecosystem participants, including telecom service providers.
- Executive Summary
- Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context
- Defining Egaming and esports
- Egaming Value Chain
- Egaming & Esports Key Trends
- Egaming & Esports Latest Developments
- Section 2: Telco Egaming & Esports Activity & Latest Developments in Europe
- Telco Egaming & Esports Value Proposition Strategies
- Telcos’ Current Activity in the Africa & Middle East Egaming Space
- Section 3: Telco Case Studies
- STC Saudi Arabia STC Play eSport Platform and Egaming Add ons
- Ooredoo Qatar Ooredoo Nation Esports Platform
- Zain Iraq Zain esports and Mobile Egaming Subscriptions
- Turkcell GAME+
- Section 4: Key Findings & Recommendations
- Additional Resources
- Acronyms and Definitions
- Companies Mentioned
- Related Research
- About GlobalData
- Contact Information
- List of Figures
- EXHIBIT 1: KEY DEFINITIONS AND GAMING PLATFORMS
- EXHIBIT 2: eGAMING AND eSPORTS KEY COMPONENTS
- EXHIBIT 3: OOREDOO KUWAIT PROPING AND ETISALAT UAE ELIFE TV GAMING
- EXHIBIT 4: ZAIN ESPORTS AND PARTNERSHIP WITH KUWAIT OLYMPIC COMMITTEE
- EXHIBIT 5: STC SAUDI ARABIA’S LEVEL UP MOBILE GAMING ADD ON
- EXHIBIT 6: OOREDOO NATION AND MOBILE EGAMING ADD ON
- EXHIBIT 7: PLAYHERA MENA ESPORTS TOURNAMENT PLATFORM
- EXHIBIT 8: GEFORCE NOW POWERED BY GAME+ AND TURKCELL FIBER GAMING CAMPAIGN