MediPoint: Computed Tomography Systems - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Computed tomography (CT) systems are categorized into the following segments: 256-slice, 128-slice, 64-slice, 20-20 slice, and 16-slice and below. Growth in the Computed tomography (CT) systems market will be driven by the need for non-invasive imaging procedures and the global rise in chronic conditions such as heart disease or cancer. This technology is an important platform for safe, flexible diagnostics and treatment planning.
The market for CT systems, also known as X-ray CT or computerized axial tomography (CAT), is driven by the global need for non-invasive diagnostic imaging. CT scanning can be used to diagnose a wide variety of medical conditions due to its flexibile applications. CT scanning can be used to assess anatomical structures, diagnose diseases, and plan and assess surgeries or medical treatments. CT’s flexibility, image quality, quick scan speeds, and reliability have driven its global adoption.
Computed tomography (CT) systems market had revenues of $4,336.0M in 2016 across the 39 major markets (39MM; US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Russia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Taiwan, New Zealand, Argentina, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and the United Arab Emirates) covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, the global CT systems market will increase to $12,135.2M, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18.2%.
The key drivers for the market during the forecast period are -
Key Players in the Global CT Systems Market
- Increased interest in high-slice CT systems due to wider applications and improved patient throughput.
- High growth in the utilization of computed tomography, particularly in countries with emerging economies such as China and India.
- Strong anticipated growth in the number of annual CT scans due to increasing disease burdens and aging populations in the 39MM covered in this report.
The competitive landscape in the global CT systems market has remained relatively stable. Siemens Healthineers, GE Healthcare, and Philips Healthcare lead the market, with global shares of 31.6%, 24.9%, and 21.1%, respectively. Toshiba Medical Systems follows the top three with a global share of 15.1%, although after its buy-out by Canon in 2016, it is likely that Toshiba could be replaced by Canon in the coming years.
Companies mentioned in this report: Siemens Healthineers, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, Toshiba Medical, Hitachi Medical Systems, Neusoft Medical Systems, Neurologica Corporation, DxRay Inc., Samsung Medison, LL Tech Inc., MARS Bioimaging Inc., Koning Corporation.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Competitive assessment: Currently marketed computed tomography (CT) systems and evolving competitive landscape
- In-depth analysis of unmet needs and adoption trends of different computed tomography (CT) systems
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging products and technologies.
- Annualized total contrast media injector market revenue by segment and market outlooks by country from 2012-2022.
- Other key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, market dynamics, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global computed tomography (CT) systems market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global computed tomography (CT) systems market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific computed tomography (CT) systems market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.