Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, By Capacity Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, By Generation Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, By Customers Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, By Segmental Information Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, By Sales Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Wind Farms Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Wind Farms, Canada Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Hydro Power Plants Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Hydro Power Plants, Canada Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Thermal Power Plants Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Thermal Power Plants, Canada Business Description Business Overview Electric Overview Capital Expenditure Natural Gas Overview Capital Expenditure Other Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board Strengths Market Position Demand Side Management Programs Business Performance: Electric Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board Weaknesses Working Capital Deficit Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board Opportunities Capital Investments Increase in Demand for Electricity Commercialization of Bipole III Transmission Line Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board Threats Risks in Wholesale Market Transmission and Distribution Network Safety Operational Issues Key Employees Key Employee Biographies Company Statement Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Deals Summary Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions Manitoba Hydro And Nisichawayasihk Cree Invest US$1.3 Billion In Wuskwatim Hydro Power Project In Manitoba, Canada Recent Developments Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board - Recent Developments Jan 30, 2013: Minnesota Power Outlines EnergyForward Resource Strategy May 27, 2011: Manitoba, Manitoba Hydro Sign Electric Vehicle Partnership With Nissan Canada Jan 12, 2011: Autonomic Software And Manitoba Hydro Enter Partnership For Power Savings Apr 12, 2010: Cooper Power Announces Collaboration With Virelec And Manitoba Hydro Jul 04, 2008: Manitoba Plans To Build $700 Million Converter Station Aug 14, 2018: Manitoba Hydro releases 2017-18 annual report Aug 19, 2016: Manitoba Hydro records net income of $49 million in 2015-16 fiscal year Aug 25, 2015: Manitoba Hydro records net income of $114 million in 2014-15 Feb 17, 2012: Manitoba Hydro Reports Revenue Of CAD416m In Q3 Fiscal 2012 Nov 15, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Reports Revenue Of CAD422m In Q2 Fiscal 2012 Sep 01, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Reports Q1 Fiscal 2012 Results Sep 01, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Reports Fiscal 2011 Results Feb 23, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Reports Nine Months Ended December 31, 2010 Results Dec 10, 2009: Manitoba Hydro Reports Total Revenue Of $383 Million In Q2 Fiscal 2010 Aug 25, 2009: Manitoba Hydro Reports Net Income Of $13 Million For Q1 Fiscal 2010 Feb 24, 2009: Manitoba Reports Q3 Fiscal 2009 Results Nov 18, 2008: Manitoba Reports 2Q Fiscal 2008 Results Aug 19, 2008: Manitoba Reports Q1 Fiscal 2008 Results Jun 05, 2008: Manitoba Reports Fiscal 2007 Results Feb 15, 2008: Manitoba Reports Q3 Fiscal 2007 Results Nov 15, 2007: Manitoba Declares Q2 Fiscal 2007 Results Aug 15, 2007: Manitoba Declares Q1 Fiscal 2007 Results Jun 04, 2007: Manitoba Reports Fiscal 2006 Results Feb 15, 2007: Manitoba Declares Q3 Fiscal 2006 Results Nov 15, 2006: Manitoba Declares Q2 Fiscal 2006 Results Aug 17, 2006: Manitoba Declares Q1 Fiscal 2006 Results Mar 06, 2006: Manitoba Declares Q3 Fiscal 2005 Results Aug 28, 2018: Siemens and Mortenson complete Bipole III HVDC Converter Stations in Canada Mar 23, 2018: Province Announces New Appointments to Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board Oct 12, 2017: FortWhyte Alive launches largest solar installation in the City of Winnipeg Aug 10, 2017: Canada's Otterburne farm gets Manitoba's biggest solar power installation Jul 31, 2017: Public Utilities Board grants Manitoba Hydro 3.36% interim rate increase. Mar 07, 2017: Control budget for Keeyask Generating Station revised Feb 17, 2017: Project to strengthen reliability of electricity supply in southern Manitoba approved by Provincial Government Feb 06, 2017: Manitoba Hydro announces new corporate structure and executive leadership changes Feb 03, 2017: Manitoba Hydro cutting 900 jobs, offering buyouts as part of restructuring Sep 21, 2016: No choice but to move forward: Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board Apr 28, 2016: Public Utilities Board grants 3.36 percent rate increase to Manitoba Hydro Dec 08, 2015: Manitoba Hydro upgrading distribution system in west Brandon Dec 06, 2015: Manitoba Hydro applies to PUB for interim electricity rate increase Sep 23, 2015: Final Preferred Route selected and Environmental Impact Statement filed for MMTP Jun 26, 2015: CEO of Manitoba Hydro to step down in September Jan 20, 2015: Public Input Sought on Preferred Route for MB-MN Transmission Project Jan 16, 2015: Modest, Predictable Rate Increases Needed for Continued Safe, Reliable Electricity Supply Oct 30, 2014: New Riel Terminal Station Steps Up Reliability of Electricity Supply in Province Jul 16, 2014: Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership: Construction Begins on Keeyask Generating Station Jun 19, 2014: Manitoba Hydro: New Power Smart Community Geothermal Program Jun 11, 2014: Power Smart LED Roadway Lighting Conversion Program Nov 21, 2012: Nigeria Validates Contract With TCN After Regulatory Approval Nov 14, 2012: Nigeria Terminates Manitoba Hydro's Contract Worth $23m For Privatization Of Power Sector Nov 05, 2012: Manitoba Hydro Announces New Financing Program For Home Energy Improvements Jan 26, 2012: MPUC Approves 15-year PPA For Minnesota Power From Manitoba Hydro's Hydroelectricity Project, Canada Jan 17, 2012: Manitoba PUB Denies Manitoba Hydro's Application For Rate Increase Dec 01, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Submits EIS To Manitoba Conservation For Bipole III Transmission Project Oct 21, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Announces Further Energy Efficiency Incentives Aug 17, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Announces Retirement Of Robert B. Brennan As President And CEO Jun 01, 2011: Manitoba Hydro Works With Verismic Software's Power Manager To Offer Customer Rebates Apr 05, 2011: Pattern Energy Completes Construction Of Its 138 MW St. Joseph Wind Project In Manitoba, Canada Feb 03, 2011: Ontario Energy Board Issues Notice Of Application And Written Hearing For Manitoba Hydro's Application For Electricity Wholesaler License Jan 11, 2011: Manitoba Announces Start Of Electricity Generation At St. Joseph Wind Farm Oct 08, 2010: Manitoba Hydro Announces Successful Biofuel Trial At Tolko Plant In The Pas, Canada Jul 29, 2010: Manitoba Hydro Releases Location Of Preliminary Preferred Route For Bipole III Transmission Line In Canada Mar 09, 2010: Saskatchewan And Manitoba Governments To Explore New Transmission Opportunities Apr 27, 2009: Manitoba Hydro Announces Installation Of First Solar Water Heating System Feb 20, 2009: Manitoba Hydro Launches Fixed Rate Service For Natural Gas Supply Aug 26, 2008: Manitoba Hydro Offers Incentives For Biomass CHP Applications Jan 29, 2008: ALLETE Signs PPA With Manitoba Hydro-Electric May 12, 2017: Manitoba Hydro Selects Sentient Energy 4G LTE Enabled Cellular Grid Analytics to Drive Success of “Worst Feeder Program” Dec 07, 2016: Carillion Canada selected for £120m power transmission contract Aug 12, 2015: GE-Led Consortium Wins Manitoba Hydro Contract to Replace Substation in Winnipeg Jun 22, 2015: Voith to Supply Synchronous Condensers to Manitoba Hydro's Riel Project Mar 17, 2015: Manitoba Government Expanding Geothermal Projects on First Nation Communities Oct 20, 2014: Siemens consortium selected for HVDC order for Manitoba Hydro Sep 18, 2014: Supplier Selected for Largest Bipole III Reliability Project Contract Jul 14, 2014: SNC-Lavalin has been awarded contract by Manitoba Hydro for Keewatinoow switchyard May 08, 2014: Voith awarded service contract for hydropower generator modernization project in the Canadian province of Manitoba Feb 21, 2014: Manitoba Hydro and Great River Energy announce 600 MW power sale memorandum of understanding May 24, 2012: Alstom Secures Three Contracts To Supply New Runners For Hydropower Plants In Canada Dec 21, 2011: Alstom Grid To Deliver Psymetrix PhasorPoint Software To Manitoba Hydro For Power Network Improvement Sep 03, 2011: CG Signs Contract With Manitoba Hydro To Supply 450kV, 120 MVA Convertor Transformer Aug 23, 2011: Electrovaya To Provide Repurposed Lithium Ion Battery Energy Storage System To Manitoba Hydro Jul 26, 2011: Algonquin Power Executes PPA With Manitoba Hydro May 24, 2011: Minnesota Power Signs PPA With Manitoba Hydro Mar 22, 2010: Pattern Energy Signs PPA With Manitoba Hydro For 138 MW Wind Project Nov 24, 2008: Manitoba Accepts RFP From SJW To Develop 300MW Wind Farm In Canada Apr 17, 2008: Integrys To Negotiate For $2 Billion Contract With Manitoba Hydro Jan 29, 2008: Manitoba Signs Power Supply Agreement With Minnesota
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Key Facts
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, Generation
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, Customers
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Operational Metrics, Sales
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Wind Farms, Canada
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Hydro Power Plants, Canada
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Thermal Power Plants, Canada
- Major Products and Services
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, SWOT Analysis
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Key Employees
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Other Locations
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Subsidiaries
- Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board, Deals Summary
- Manitoba Hydro And Nisichawayasihk Cree Invest US$1.3 Billion In Wuskwatim Hydro Power Project In Manitoba, Canada