Luxottica Group S.p.A. (LUX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Luxottica Group S.p.A. (Luxottica) designs, manufactures and distributes fashion, luxury and sports eyewear related products. It offers prescription frames and sunglasses. It markets its products under the brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley, Oliver Peoples, Vogue, Alain Mikli, Luxottica, Sferoflex, Persol and Arnette. Luxottica also produces and sells various other designer products through licensing agreements, which include Bvlgari, Burberry, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, DKNY, Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani, Brooks Brothers, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, MiuMiu, Ralph Lauren, Prada, Versace, Polo Ralph Lauren, Paul Smith, Stella McCartney, Tiffany & Co, Tory Burch, Valentino and Versace. It also markets and distributes these products to various Wholesale customers that include independent opticians, optical retail chains, specialty sun retailers, department stores, sporting goods stores and specialty stores, duty-free shops and online retailers. The company has manufacturing facilities in Italy, Brazil, China, India and the US. It has market presence in North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa, Latin America and Europe. Luxottica is headquartered in Milan, Italy.
In January 2017, the company announced to merge with Essilor International S.A., the transaction is expected to complete by the first-half of 2018.
Luxottica Group S.p.A. Key Recent Developments
Mar 01,2018: Proposed combination between Essilor and Luxotticareceives clearance from US Federal Trade Commission without conditions
Mar 01,2018: Proposed combination between Essilor and Luxottica approved without conditions by the European Commission
Feb 26,2018: Luxottica Group reports financial results for fiscal year 2017
Oct 30,2017: Luxottica retail to lay off 208 in Tennessee after Q3 sales fell
Sep 26,2017: Further progress in the proposed combination between Essilor and LuxotticaKey benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.Note:
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company