Kuwait: Country Intelligence Report
Total telecom services revenue in Kuwait will reach $3.4 billion by 2023, primarily driven by strong growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data revenue will account for 49.3% of the total revenue in 2023, driven by rising mobile internet subscriptions, growing data ARPU, and growing M2M connections. Fixed broadband will also have relatively significant growth in revenue at a CAGR of 18.5% over 2018-2023. This is driven by a steady rise in DSL and fixed wireless subscriptions and projected growth in FTTH/B services, supported by the government’s plan for fiber broadband network expansion and upgrade nationwide.
In February 2018, CITRA signed an agreement with Iraq’s ministry of communications on the regional communications corridor project, which aims to link international maritime cables between east and west regions through Kuwait, Iraq, and Turkey, reaching Europe. The project will boost the infrastructure in Kuwait and aid in making the country an attractive investment destination for international companies.
The report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kuwait today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report Kuwait: Country Intelligence Report, provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Kuwait
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Zain Kuwait, Ooredoo Kuwait, VIVA Kuwait, FASTtelco, Gulfnet, Mada, Qualitynet, KEMS/Zajil, ZTE, Huawei, Microsoft, Amazon, STARZ PLAY, OSNScope
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom services revenue in Kuwait will increase at a CAGR of 8.5% over 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 83% of the total telecom services revenue in 2023, driven by rising data consumption and anticipated launch of 5Gin 2019.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2018-2023 period, led by coverage expansion of LTE networks and attractive 4G plans offered by MNOs.
- Zain Kuwait leads Kuwait’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by Ooredoo, and Viva Kuwait. The MNOs continue to upgrade their networks, gearing up for the 5G launch this year.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Kuwait’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kuwait’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Kuwait’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kuwait.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Market share overview
- Zain Kuwait
- Ooredoo Kuwait
- Viva Kuwait
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData