Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Operational Metrics, By Generation Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Operational Metrics, By Customers Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Operational Metrics, By Segmental Information Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Wind Farms Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Wind Farms, Jamaica Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Solar PV Parks Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Solar PV Parks, Jamaica Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Hydro Power Plants Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Hydro Power Plants, Jamaica Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Thermal Power Plants Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Thermal Power Plants, Jamaica Business Description Business Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd Strengths Integrated Operations Improved Performance Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd Weaknesses Increasing Trade Receivables Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd Opportunities Business Initiatives Caribbean Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Investment Opportunities in Energy Sector: Jamaica Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd Threats Environmental Laws and Regulations Transmission and Distribution Network Safety Operational Issues Key Employees Key Employee Biographies Company Statement Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Financial Deals Landscape Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Deals Summary Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Power, Deal Details Acquisition Jamaica to Sell 19.9% Stake in Jamaica Public Service Recent Developments Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd - Recent Developments Jan 29, 2018: JPS Now Jamaica’s 360 Energy Provider - Company providing range of energy solutions May 28, 2014: Energy Minister Paulwell to Officially Open New JPS Hydroelectric Power Plant in St. Elizabeth Dec 04, 2010: West Kingston Power To Construct Thermal Power Plant In Kingston, Jamaica Feb 08, 2010: JPS Plans To Develop Munro Wind Energy Project Jan 28, 2010: JPS To Build New Wind Energy Project In Jamaica Nov 17, 2008: JPS To Build Hydro And Wind Power Projects Nov 16, 2008: JPS To Build Two Projects To Add More Than 9 MW Of Renewable Energy Dec 17, 2013: Wood Group GTS completes $2M maintenance and optimization solution for Jamaican power station Mar 30, 2010: JPS Reports Net Profit Of $42.2 million In 2009 Jun 25, 2009: JPS Reports Operating Revenues Of $988.2 Million In 2008 May 16, 2018: Vernon Douglas Appointed CFO at JPS May 07, 2018: JPS Carrying Out Upgrading Works in St. Ann Apr 06, 2018: More Legal Electricity Users in Fyffe’s Pen Mar 26, 2018: 100,000 Smart Meters to be rolled out Island wide in 2018 - J$2.4 Billion Investment Mar 15, 2018: JPS Reports Alligator Pond Turnaround - Dramatic Fall in Electricity Theft Mar 01, 2018: Jamaica slates hybrid energy storage project for 2019 Feb 28, 2018: ABB microgrid supports Jamaica’s transition to renewables Feb 22, 2018: Ground Breaking this week for US$21.6M Hybrid Energy Storage Facility Feb 19, 2018: New 190MW Power Plant Over 40% Complete Feb 05, 2018: 35,000 LED street lights to be installed this year Jan 12, 2018: JPS Region West Director, T’Shura Gibbs Resigns Jan 09, 2018: JPS Surpasses the 2017 LED Streetlight Target Dec 18, 2017: JPS System Upgrades for Trelawny and St. Ann Near Completion - Part of US$3.4M Upgrading and Reliability Programme Jul 30, 2017: Jamaica Public Service to spend US$100 million to reduce energy costs Jun 19, 2017: JPS Board Approves Ground Breaking Energy Solution for Jamaica Jun 08, 2017: JPS Board Announces Appointment of New CEO May 31, 2017: Office of Utilities Regulation orders Jamaica Public Service to take measures for preventing power outage May 26, 2017: JPS energy storage project request for proposals May 18, 2017: Jamaica Public Service restores power supply to about 18,000 households May 09, 2017: New JPS chairman appointed Apr 07, 2017: Historic Groundbreaking for 190MW Plant set for Friday April 7: JPS Sep 23, 2016: Request for Proposal Energy Efficiency Conversion Installation and Follow-on Warranty and Maintenance Services Sep 12, 2016: Jamaica Public Service Company announces request for proposals: Supply of smart LED streetlights Aug 30, 2016: JPS to Discuss Preliminary Findings of Outage Investigation with OUR Aug 12, 2016: JPS Spends Over $140M to Repair Streetlights Since the Start of the Year Aug 05, 2016: JPS announces arrival of Natural Gas for Bogue Power Plant Jul 14, 2016: JPS Launches J$620M Smart Meter Roll-out 20,000 Customers to Benefit Jun 13, 2016: Electricity Prices Increase Due to Rising Fuel Costs Jun 09, 2016: Jamaica Public Service launches desalination unit at Rockfort power plant Jun 09, 2016: JPS Among Lowest Electricity Rates in the Region May 09, 2016: Jamaica Public Service Company Selects Silver Spring Networks for Smart Grid Program May 06, 2016: Bogue Power Plant Now Ready to Use Natural Gas May 03, 2016: Gary Barrow appointed Chief Technical Officer of JPS May 03, 2016: Gary Barrow Appointed Chief Technical Officer of JPS Mar 28, 2016: JPS Advises of Possible Load Shedding While Bogue Power Plant Is Being Converted to Use Natural Gas Mar 20, 2016: Significant Milestone Reached on 190MW gas-fired Power Plant: JPS Jan 21, 2016: JPS Commences Conversion Works at Bogue Power Plant Dec 17, 2015: JPS in Final Stages of Negotiation with Newly Selected Bidder for the 190 MW Plant in Old Harbour Nov 26, 2015: JPS Stands Prepared with Alternative to Abengoa - 190 MW Plant Remains on Track Nov 23, 2015: JPS to Host Public Meeting on 190 MW Power Plant Oct 10, 2015: Launch of Historic Bogue Conversion Project Takes Place On October 13 Sep 17, 2015: 30% Reduction in Electricity Rates in One Year: September 2014 to September 2015 Aug 07, 2015: JPS Invests Over $J1 Billion in Overhaul of Old Harbour Bay Unit - Customers to Benefit from Improved Reliability Jul 07, 2015: JPS Teams Working to Restore Supply to Sections of Kingston & St Catherine Jun 29, 2015: JPS Appeals for Proper Balance in Integration of Renewables Jun 12, 2015: Minna Israel Appointed To JPS Board Of Directors Jun 09, 2015: GCT on Residential Electricity Usage over 350 kWh Starts This Month May 22, 2015: JPS’ President & CEO elected to CARILEC Board May 20, 2015: JPS to Invest $87 million in RAMI upgrades In Flanker and other Communities Apr 23, 2015: JPS Appoints VP Community Renewal Energy Solutions Mar 31, 2015: JPS Opens Service Centre and Turns on LED Streetlights in McGregor Gardens Feb 12, 2015: JPS Customers to Pay Lowest Fuel and IPP Rate in Five Years! Feb 06, 2015: JPS Committed to 190MW Plant Jan 23, 2015: JPS Distributes Free Energy Efficient Bulbs to Some Customers Jan 11, 2015: JPS Receives Innovation Award from JPCA Dec 18, 2014: Second Largest Hybrid Renewable System in Jamaica Officially Commissioned Nov 25, 2014: JPS Offers Rewards for Energy Conservation Nov 21, 2014: JPS & JSIF Historic Agreement To Fight Electricity Theft Gets The Support of Political Leaders Jun 26, 2014: US$90M Investment in 34MW Wind Power Plant for Jamaica Apr 15, 2014: EWI secures licence to supply electricity to Jamaica PSC Aug 09, 2013: OUR opens bids for 360MW power project in Jamaica Feb 15, 2013: JPS Provides Update On Maggotty Hydro Power Plant Development In Jamaica Mar 07, 2012: JPS Forms Renewable Energy Integration Group Mar 05, 2012: JPS Announces Board Changes Feb 17, 2012: JPS Gives Details Of Plans To Reduce Electricity Cost Dec 20, 2011: JPS Announces Development Of New Hydroelectric Power Plant In Maggotty, Jamaica Dec 13, 2011: JPS Welcomes OUR's Approval For Construction Of 360 MW Gas-fired Power Plant In Old Harbour Bay, Jamaica Oct 14, 2011: JPS Announces Resignation Of Damian Obiglio As President And CEO Apr 01, 2011: JPS Unveils New Hydroelectric Plan To Maggotty Residents Mar 14, 2011: JPS To Add 6.3 MW Of Hydropower At Maggotty, Jamaica Nov 22, 2010: JPS Selects Amperion For Feeder Metering Communications Pilot Project Oct 15, 2010: JPS Commissions Munro Wind Farm Oct 11, 2010: JPS To Commission Munro Wind Farm Sep 10, 2010: JPS Completes Installation Of Wind Turbines At Munro Wind Farm In Jamaica Jul 14, 2010: JPS Erects First Wind Turbine For Wind Farm In St. Elizabeth, Jamaica Jun 04, 2010: JPS Announces Arrival Of Wind Turbine Components For Munro Wind Project Dec 28, 2008: Jamaica Needs 75% More Power: OUR May 22, 2018: Itron to Provide Nationwide Smart Grid Solution for Jamaica Sep 15, 2017: Marubeni : Jamaican utility signs PPA for 37MW project Mar 17, 2017: JPS Signs Power Purchase Agreement with Solar Developer, Eight Rivers Energy Oct 17, 2016: TSK to build the largest combined cycle plant in Jamaica Sep 22, 2016: JPS Finalizes Agreement for Equipment and Financing for New Power Plant Feb 23, 2016: Jamaica Public Service selects OSI for next generation ADMS Nov 20, 2015: JPS New 190MW Power Plant on Target With Selection of Gas Supplier and Contractor for Plant Construction Nov 12, 2015: New Fortress Energy to provide LNG for new power station at Old Harbour, Jamaica Aug 07, 2015: JPS Finalizes Gas Agreement With New Fortress Energy Jun 15, 2015: JPS Identifies Preferred Gas Supplier for Bogue Power Station Sep 18, 2014: Historic Power Purchase Agreements signed between JPS and Renewable Energy Providers, including Jamaica’s First Solar Energy IPP May 30, 2014: WindStream Technologies and Jamaica Public Service Company Expand Their Offerings for Renewable Energy Jul 23, 2013: Agreement Signed to Bring Cheaper Gas to Bogue Power Plant Jul 16, 2013: Jamaican Utility Reduces Impact of Major Storms on its Citizens with Ventyx Solutions Dec 12, 2007: JPS Selects Trilliant For AMI Solutions
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Key Facts
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Operational Metrics, Generation
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Operational Metrics, Customers
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Wind Farms, Jamaica
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Solar PV Parks, Jamaica
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Hydro Power Plants, Jamaica
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Thermal Power Plants, Jamaica
- Major Products and Services
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, SWOT Analysis
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Key Employees
- Jamaica Public Service Co Ltd, Deals Summary
- Jamaica to Sell 19.9% Stake in Jamaica Public Service