Ingredient Insights: War On Sugar - Opportunities to capitalize on demand for low and no sugar formulations using on-trend and emerging ingredients
Ingredient Insights: War On Sugar, identifies on-trend and emerging ingredients to help food and drink manufacturers to adopt successful sugar reduction strategies.
Pressure is mounting on the food and drink industry to reduce or eliminate sugar from their products. However, this need for reformulation also brings significant challenges. Health-conscious consumers are concerned about their sugar intake, but yet are unwilling to compromise on attributes such as taste or texture; key issues typically linked to the removal of sugar.
Reasons to buy
- Globally, over half of consumers claim a tax or price increase on unhealthy food and drinks, such as those high in sugar, would encourage them to buy less.
- Natural ingredients are the factor most likely to encourage consumers to choose one brand over another.
- Natural sweetness is preferred over sugar-free or no added sugar claims.
- Aftertaste, texture, and natural production methods are key challenges facing food and drink manufacturers reformulating to remove sugar.
- Gain insight on consumer trends and perceptions towards ingredients to support sugar reduction strategies.
- Identify new and emerging ingredients to help overcome challenges with sugar reduction and removal strategies.
- Discover the latest innovation and learn from what other brands are doing to reduce and remove sugar in food and drink products.
- Explore future challenges that the industry must overcome to cut sugar further.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Consumer Trends
- 3. Ingredients Spotlight
- 4. Innovation: How are brands responding to the War on Sugar?
- 5. The Future: Challenges and Opportunities
- 6. Appendix