Impact on Shopping Location Choices - COVID-19 Consumer Survey Insights - Week 6
This report is part of the GlobalData COVID-19 Consumer Insight series, which tracks changes in consumer sentiment, lifestyles, attitudes, and behaviors stemming from the global coronavirus outbreak. The consumer insight offered throughout the report is drawn from GlobalData's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tracker Consumer Survey, a weekly survey that was carried out in 11 countries starting from March 25 2020.
This report focuses on changing levels of concern in relation to the pandemic, and how these are reflected in consumers' choices of shopping locations in the wake of lockdown measures being implemented by governments.
Reasons to Buy
- Consumers are concerned about the situation in their countries and their actions are reflecting their changing minds.
- Despite widespread lockdown restrictions, a few consumers still prefer to shop at their favourite supermarket; however, people are looking to shop more at local convenience stores for their regular grocery purchases.
- Young consumers are most inclined to shop online, but the weekly trends show that gradually older generations are also moving to the internet for their daily needs. This may be because they want to avoid risks in going out during the pandemic.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that can drive and support innovation, brand activity, or emerging services throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct decision-making and inform new product development.
- COVID-19 Consumer Insights: Impact on Shopping Location Choices
- With number of cases rising in Brazil , more consumers are getting extremely concerned
- Older consumers also gradually moving towards online grocery shopping
- Consumers are mostly shopping online or in the local supermarkets
- With Summer season approaching, consumers continue to stock up on soft drinks
- White Milk is an essential product with growing purchases from online channel
- Reduced purchases from Foodservice channel mostly due to ongoing lockdowns
- Overall demand for dairy food products quite stagnant
- Consumers have reduced their purchase for plant based dairy products
- Contact us