ICT Investment Trends in Turkey: Turkish enterprises are focusing on digital transformation
ICT Investment Trends in Turkey, presents the findings from a survey of 64 Turkish enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Turkish enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including business intelligence, IoT, cloud computing, and content management. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Turkey. Through GlobalData’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Turkey.
The Turkish economy is growing at a higher rate in 2017 compared to 2016, and the government is working on plans to increase the borrowing limit in order to lift the economy.
Furthermore, the country’s foreign trade deficit is increasing continuously driven by the import of computers, mineral fuels, and machinery and equipment indicating that Turkish enterprises are making investments to expand their businesses. The survey further depicts that Turkish enterprises are allocating the highest proportion to SaaS solutions in order to delegate the maintenance and upgrades of the software to the cloud service provider and focus on their business operations.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Turkish enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Turkish enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, IoT, cloud computing, and content management
- Factors that are influencing Turkish enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How Turkish enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Turkish enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Turkish enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Turkish enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Turkish enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons to buy
- Turkish enterprises are planning to increase their total cloud computing budget allocation to public cloud solutions in 2017, driven by the need to cut costs.
- Banking institutions in Turkey are implementing the blockchain technology, thereby creating opportunities for cloud-based ledger technology vendors.
- Increasing customer satisfaction leads the list of business objectives in influencing the IT investment strategies among Turkish enterprises, while leading-edge technology is ranked high on their list of criteria for ICT vendor selection.
- Understand how the Turkish enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Turkish enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Turkish enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, IoT, cloud computing, and content management)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Turkish enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Turkish enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
- Key findings
- Key implications for ICT vendors
- Turkish enterprises are keen to invest in various ICT sectors driven by an investmentfriendly environment as well as support from the government
- Survey demographics
- Turkish enterprises are keeping their investment levels stable in 2017
- Turkish enterprises are increasing their investments in hardware and IT services segments in 2017
- Turkish enterprises are prioritizing their investments in software licenses
- Network and communications equipment constitute a major portion of hardware budget among Turkish enterprises
- Hosting & data center services constitute the largest share of the IT services budget among Turkish enterprises
- Network services dominates the telecommunications budget among Turkish enterprises
- Turkish enterprises are investing the highest proportion of their cloud computing budget in SaaS solutions
- Public cloud is expected to gain the largest traction among Turkish enterprises in 2017
- Turkish enterprises are allocating the highest proportion of their ICT budget to data centers
- Turkish enterprises are keen to outsource their infrastructure function
- Adoption of business intelligence technologies among Turkish enterprises are set to gain traction in the next two years
- IBM leads the list of business intelligence provider among Turkish enterprises
- Turkish enterprises are focusing their investments in auto ID & mobility technologies
- Microsoft is the most popular IoT vendor among Turkish enterprises
- The highest proportion of Turkish enterprises are prioritizing investment in IaaS solutions in the next two years
- Microsoft leads the list of cloud computing vendors among Turkish enterprises
- Records management and enterprise search solutions are set to gain traction among Turkish enterprises in the next two years
- Microsoft leads the list of content management solution vendors among Turkish enterprises
- Turkish enterprises are focusing on the business objective of increasing customer satisfaction
- Leading-edge technology is the most important criterion for selecting an ICT provider among Turkish enterprises
- Purchase decisions for voice/video/collaboration products among Turkish enterprises are taken primarily by individual business units along with IT guidance