ICT Investment Trends in Spain: Business and technological innovations are fostering ICT investments
Spain’s economy has expanded over the last three years after reeling from the financial crisis of 2007-08. The series of structural reforms implemented by the new government has put the country’s economy in a strong position to witness sustained growth in 2017 and is hence encouraging increased ICT investments. Changing fiscal policies, labor reforms, appreciating trade, and employment opportunities, have added to the growth of Spain’s GDP, which is expected to reach 2.6% in 2017.
The growing need for data storage, stringent network operation requirements, and the popularity of cloud services are triggering investments in data centers, a trend that is set to continue in the coming years as well. With cloud computing becoming a strategic imperative for enterprises worldwide, Spanish enterprises are also investing in cloud solutions such as SaaS, IaaS, and platform as a service (PaaS).
Rising malware threats, increasing incidences of cyberattacks, and network intrusions are generating the demand for identity access and network security solutions in enterprises of all sizes. Increasing customer satisfaction is the primary objective driving IT investment among Spanish enterprises, while vendors providing disruptive technology are widely preferred.
The report ICT Investment Trends in Spain illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Spain.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size.
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers.
- Which ICT functions Spanish enterprises are interested in outsourcing?
- Spanish enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing.
- Factors that are influencing Spanish enterprises’ investments in each technology category.
- How Spanish enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Spanish enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category.
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Insight into Spanish enterprises’ preferred buying approaches.
- Business objectives that Spanish enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Factors that are influencing Spanish enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider.
Companies mentioned in this report: Dell, IBM, McAfee, Microsoft, Kaspersky, Adobe, ADP, Cisco, Google, HPE, Alcatel-Lucent, Amazon Web Services, Indra SistemasScope
Reasons to buy
- Growing need for data storage, stringent network operation requirements, and popularity of cloud services are triggering the investments in data centers, a trend that is set to continue in the coming years as well.
- With cloud computing becoming a strategic imperative for enterprises worldwide, Spanish enterprises are also investing in cloud solutions such as SaaS, IaaS, and platform as a service (PaaS).
- Meanwhile, rising malware threats, increasing incidences of cyberattacks, and network intrusions are generating the demand for identity access and network security solutions in enterprises of all sizes.
- Understand how the Spanish enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Spanish enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Spanish enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, securit products, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Spanish enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Spanish enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
- Key findings
- Key implications for ICT vendors
- Robust economy triggers ICT investments among Spanish enterprises
- Survey demographics
- A significant proportion of Spanish enterprises aim to increase their ICT budget in 2017
- Hardware and software are the predominant areas of ICT investment in 2017
- Clients and network & communications equipment primarily dominate the ICT hardware budget
- Software licenses constitute the largest share of software budget allocations among Spanish enterprises
- Application services are dominating third-party IT services expenditure
- Spanish enterprises look to attain a robust communications network by investing in various segments of telecommunications
- Cost effectiveness and pay-per-use cloud solutions drive Spanish enterprises to invest in SaaS
- Spanish enterprises are vying for secured solutions by allocating a major portion of their cloud computing budget to the private cloud
- Spanish enterprises invest in data centers making it a vital component for business continuity
- Service support & help desk outsourcing is the most popular outsourcing function among Spanish enterprises
- Vertical-specific solutions are expected to gain traction among Spanish enterprises
- Adobe is the most popular vendor of enterprise solutions among Spanish respondents
- The majority of Spanish enterprises currently deploy identity and access management solutions
- A significant proportion of Spanish enterprises avail the security products of Dell
- AutoID & mobility technologies are the popular IoT solutions for the majority of Spanish respondents
- IBM leads the list of IoT vendors among Spanish enterprises
- Hybrid cloud is expected to witness increased attention from Spanish enterprises in the next two years
- IBM leads the list of cloud computing vendors among Spanish enterprises
- Increased customer satisfaction is the prominent business objective influencing IT investment strategy
- Leading-edge technology remains the most important criterion when choosing an ICT provider
- Individual business units with IT guidance make the decisions for the purchase of voice/video/collaboration products for the majority of respondents