ICT Investment Trends in Healthcare: Breakthroughs in medical technology nurturing ICT investments
ICT Investment Trends in Healthcare, report presents the findings from a survey of 189 healthcare providers regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how healthcare providers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including business intelligence, mobility management, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by media companies. Through GlobalData’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to Healthcare providers. The report focuses on healthcare providers’ ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the primary objectives of various systems components.
The healthcare industry is undergoing a major transformation, not just by finding ways to reach out to the economically disadvantaged, but also by making use of advanced technologies like mHealth and eHealth in a comprehensive way.
Although the penetration rate for cloud computing solutions is relatively low among healthcare providers, the adoption of the on-demand model is set to witness upward momentum in the coming years.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions healthcare providers are interested in outsourcing
- Healthcare providers’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing healthcare providers’ investments in each technology category
- How Healthcare providers’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Healthcare providers’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into healthcare providers’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that healthcare providers are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing healthcare providers’ decisions to select an ICT provider.
Reasons to buy
- According to GlobalData’s survey, providers continue to invest in hardware, software, and IT services, primarily to improve their core ICT systems.
- According to the survey, healthcare providers are more inclined to make investments in mobile app platform management, in order to manage disparate devices used in organizations.
- Healthcare providers believe that the business objective of increasing customer satisfaction heavily influences their IT investment strategies, followed by the objective of cutting costs.
- Understand how the healthcare providers ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by healthcare providers in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of healthcare providers
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, mobility management, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing healthcare providers’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that healthcare providers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies.
- Key findings
- Key implications for ICT vendors
- Executive summary
- Survey demographics
- ICT budget changes
- ICT budget allocation by core technology area
- Hardware budget breakdown
- Software budget breakdown
- Third party IT services expenditure
- Communications expenditure
- Cloud computing budget
- ICT budget allocation by function
- Outsourced IT functions
- ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
- Business intelligence
- Mobility management
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cloud computing
- Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
- ICT provider selection
- Key decision makers for purchasing technology
- Sector-specific trends
- IT expenditure plans for specific business areas
- Business areas receiving the largest investment
- Upgrades to various business areas