ICT Investment Trends in Colombia: Business transformations influencing ICT investment strategy
ICT Investment Trends in Colombia, presents the findings from a survey of 65 Colombian enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Colombian enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Colombia. Through GlobalData’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Colombia.
The Colombian economy is set to perform better in 2017 compared to 2016, primarily driven by the recovery of non-oil exports and oil prices, and the 4G infrastructure program.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Colombian enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Colombian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing Colombian enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How Colombian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Colombian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Colombian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Colombian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Colombian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons to buy
- Colombian enterprises are allocating a major proportion of their IT services budget to advanced cloud computing solutions and software licensing in order to reduce IT costs and to better utilize their assets.
- In an effort to support digitization and promote IoT development, many Colombian enterprises are adopting IoT technology to extend beyond the traditional ICT perimeter. To highlight, in October 2017, Claro, a Colombia-based telecom operator is planning to launch intelligent products and solutions related to advanced hyper-connectivity using IoT technology.
- The Colombian government is collaborating with the mobile industry under the “Vive Digital” plan to promote broadband coverage and adoption across the country.
- Understand how the Colombian enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Colombian enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Colombian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Colombian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Colombian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies.
- Key findings
- Key implications for vendors
- Executive summary
- Survey demographics
- ICT budget changes
- ICT budget allocation by core technology area
- Hardware budget breakdown
- Software budget breakdown
- Third party IT services expenditure
- Communications expenditure
- Cloud computing budget
- ICT budget allocation by function
- Outsourced IT functions
- ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
- Enterprise applications
- Security products
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cloud computing
- Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
- ICT provider selection
- Key decision makers for purchasing technology