ICT Investment Trends in Austria: Government initiatives impacting ICT investment strategies
Austrian economy appears to be back on track with visible economic activities across industries. Although strong private consumption and investment are the main growth drivers for the Austrian economy, almost all industries are expected to benefit from the growing demand for goods and services in 2017. Moreover, the Austrian government is placing emphasis in providing affordable digital infrastructure under its digital roadmap strategy. The government plans to formulate its 5G strategy by the end of 2017 and expects to launch 5G (mobile) technologies across all regional capitals by the year 2020.
Growing e-commerce, high penetration of data services, and advances in cloud computing are the driving factors for investments in technologies in the Austrian enterprise market. Austria has been showing strong growth in almost all the standard economic indicators in comparison to many other European Union (EU) economies. Moreover, enterprises in Austria are keen to open up their ICT wallets and are looking to spend across all major technological areas in order to achieve sustainable growth.
Network and communications equipment, software licenses, application services, and network services are primarily attracting a major proportion of the budget allocations in their respective domains of hardware, software, IT services, and telecommunications. Technologies such as IoT and cloud computing are also finding pervasive adoption among Austrian enterprises who are envisioning deploying these disruptive forces of change to attain a competitive advantage in their respective operating sectors. Therefore, IT vendors offering products and services in these domains clearly have good growth opportunities in this market.
In order to focus on core business activities and thereby achieve competitiveness over their peers, Austrian enterprises are outsourcing various functions like applications and the service support & help desk, among others.
The report ICT Investment Trends in Austria illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, business intelligence, mobility management, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Austria.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size.
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers.
- Which ICT functions Austrian enterprises are interested in outsourcing?
- Austrian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, network services, security products, and cloud computing.
- Factors that are influencing Austrian enterprises’ investments in each technology category.
- How Austrian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Austrian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category.
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Insight into Austrian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches.
- Business and IT objectives that Austrian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Factors that are influencing Austrian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider.
Companies mentioned in this report: A1 Telekom Austria AG, Amazon Web Services Inc., Apple Inc., AT&T Inc., CA Technologies, Cisco Systems Inc., Colt Group Limited, CommVault Systems Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Google Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., IBM, Kaspersky Lab, McAfee Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Vodafone Group PLC.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Enterprises are looking to increase their total ICT budget in 2017, as domestic business activity in Austria is steadily strengthening and economic growth is
- projected to deliver positive results.
- Amongst Austrian enterprises, the decision to purchase cloud solutions is taken solely by the IT department with the dedicated aim of achieving process transformation in their existing business operations.
- 'Financial stability', 'pricing', and 'expertise in industry' are the most important criteria when selecting an ICT provider.
- Understand how the Austrian enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Austrian enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Austrian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, network services, security products, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Austrian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that Austrian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
- Key findings
- Key implications for ICT vendors
- Austrian enterprises are optimistic about increasing their investments in various advanced technologies
- Survey demographics
- Austrian enterprises are set to increase their ICT budgets to capitalize on high economic growth in the immediate future
- Hardware expenditure leads the list of external ICT budget allocations among Austrian enterprises
- ICT budget allocation to network & communications equipment and security constitutes the major portion of hardware expenditure among Austrian enterprises
- Software licenses constitute the largest share of software budget allocations among Austrian enterprises
- Application services and security & privacy services are dominating third-party IT services expenditure among Austrian enterprises
- Austrian enterprises are strengthening their telecommunications infrastructure by spending more on network services
- Advantages such as cost effectiveness and the pay-per-use model are driving Austrian enterprises' investment in SaaS
- In order to take precautions against thefts and security breaches, Austrian enterprises are moving their enterprise data onto the private cloud
- Austrian enterprises are investing in data centers to improve the redundancy of their enterprise data
- Applications is the most popular outsourcing function among Austrian enterprises
- Investments in telematics & RFID technologies are driving growth in IoT platforms among Austrian enterprises
- Cisco leads the list of IoT vendors among Austrian enterprises
- Austrian enterprises are focusing their expenditure on broadband services
- Austrian enterprises selected Cisco as their primary network services provider
- Austrian enterprises are set to focus their attention on content and web filtering
- Kaspersky leads the list of vendors providing security products among Austrian enterprises
- Private cloud is the most popular cloud computing solution among Austrian enterprises
- Microsoft is the most popular cloud computing vendor among Austrian enterprises
- Austrian enterprises are placing the highest level of importance to the business objective of increasing customer satisfaction
- Financial stability, pricing, and expertise in an industry are the most important criteria when selecting an ICT provider
- The IT department holds the key decision making responsibility for cloud-based products among Austrian enterprises