Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV): Competitive Landscape to 2026
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus that impairs and destroys the host’s immune system, specifically targeting CD4 cells. Once an infected person has a CD4 cell count of less than 200 cells/μL, HIV has developed into acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).The pipeline HIV features 443 products across all stages of clinical development, with small molecules prominently featured in Phase III. Vaccines, synthetic peptides, and monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) dominate the early-stage pipeline.
HIV is the most investigated indication within infectious diseases with 5,098 clinical trials, followed by hepatitis C (3,090) and hepatitis B (1,709). The analysis is based on clinical trials initiated from 1995 to the current date.
Overall, GlobalData expects new drug approvals to drive HIV market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026)
Gilead Sciences, ViiV Healthcare, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Shionogi, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson), Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Co, AbbVie, TaiMed Biologics, Theratechnologies, CytoDyn, Torii Pharmaceuticals, Japan Tobacco, Frontier Biotechnologies.Scope
This report combines data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace. Components of the slide deck include -
Reasons to buy
- Pipeline Assessment-regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment-trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment-leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis-key market events (2016-2026).
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HIV market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HIV market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
- 1. Preface
- 1.1 Table of Contents
- 1.2 Abbreviations
- 1.3 Related Reports
- 1.4 Upcoming Related Reports
- 2. Executive Summary
- 2.2 Key Findings
- 2.2 Key Events
- 3. Introduction
- 3.1 Report Scope
- 3.2 Disease Overview and Epidemiology
- 4. Pipeline Assessment
- 4.1 Pipeline Overview
- 4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country
- 4.3 Pipeline Breakdown by Molecule Type and Target
- 4.4 Drug Review Designations
- 4.5 Products in Clinical Development
- 5. Clinical Trial Assessment
- 5.1 Clinical Trials Overview
- 5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in HIV
- 5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region
- 5.4 Therapy Area Perspective
- 5.5 Enrollment Analytics
- 6 Commercial Assessment
- 6.1 Leading Marketed Products
- 6.2 Current & Future Players
- 7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026)
- 7.1 Events Classification Overview
- 7.2 US
- 7.3 5EU
- 7.4 Japan
- 7.5 Brazil
- 7.6 China
- 8 Appendix
- 8.1 Sources
- 8.2 Methodology
- 8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis
- 8.4 About the Authors
- 8.5 About GlobalData
- 8.6 Disclaimer