Health & Beauty Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Health & Beauty Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Japan retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Japan health and beauty industry.
Japanese consumer spending on health & beauty is expected to increase at a CAGR of 2.6% during 2016-2021, reaching J¥ 11.9 trillion by 2021. Spending in the health segment was J¥ 6.7 trillion in 2016, nearly twice that of cosmetics and toiletries. The aging population is thought to be the primary cause for this skew.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Japanese consumer spending on health & beauty is expected to increase
- at a CAGR of 2.6% during 2016-2021, reaching J¥ 11.9 trillion by 2021.
- Drug stores and health & beauty stores are the largest channels for health
- & beauty sales.
- Kokumin leads the sector with a market share of 6.3%.
- Retailers in mass market segment dominate the sector
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on health and beauty sector in Japan retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in health and beauty category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the health and beauty market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the health and beauty market.
- Key findings
- The State of the nation
- The State of retail
- Health & beauty