Top Growth Opportunities: Savory Snacks in Russia
Russia ranks seventh amongst the top ten savory snacks markets in terms of per capita expenditure (in US$ terms). The per capita expenditure on savory snacks products in US$ terms declined at a CAGR of about -8% in the last five years and is expected to rebound and grow at a CAGR of over 8% during 2016-2021.
Despite negative growth in US dollar terms in the five years to 2016, Russia’s savory snacks market is stable and growing steadily, with a value projection of nearly US$4 Billion by 2021. This growth is underpinned by several factors, including a modest recovery in household incomes and a more favourable business climate for producers and exporters in key industries, such as agriculture and related sectors.
Processed snacks, the leading value category, is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 8% in US$ terms during 2016-2021, and is expected to be over US$1.5 Billion by 2021. Pretzels, as a category is expected to register the slowest value growth in US$ terms, at a CAGR of just over 7% in the next five years, and is expected to reach around US$175 Million by 2021.
All categories in the Russian savory snacks market have declined in the last five years. However, all categories are expected to grow during the forecast period (2016-2021). Processed snack, the leading category by value, is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 8% during 2016-2021. This is followed by potato chips category, which is forecast to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of close to 9% during the same period. On the other hand, meat snacks and popcorn, the least valued categories, are expected to grow at a CAGR of about 8% each, during 2016-2021.
The report Top Growth Opportunities: Savory Snacks in Russia, provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for savory snack producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of savory snacks food markets in France through our detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Russia market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why.
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for Russia, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Auchan, Magnit Group, PepsiCo, The Kellogg's Company, Intersnack Group, Cheetos, Estella, Lay's, Pringles, ChioScope
Reasons to buy
- Russia ranks seventh amongst the top ten savory snacks markets in terms of per capita expenditure (in US$ terms). The per capita expenditure on savory snacks products in US$ terms declined at a CAGR of -8.0% in the last five years and is expected to rebound and grow at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2016-2021. This growth can be mainly attributed to the economic recovery in Russia and the strengthening ruble.
- Increasingly hectic lifestyles and consumer preferences for on-the-go snack products that accompany them during busy days will contribute to the growth of savory snacks products in the country.
- The potato chips category follows, and is forecast to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 8.6% during the same period. On the other hand, meat snacks and popcorn, the smallest value categories, are expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% and 7.6% respectively, during 2016-2021.
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Russia's Savory snacks consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
- Introducing a top growth market for Savory Snacks
- Top opportunity markets
- GlobalData Consumer's opportunity scoring methodology
- Top 10 global growth opportunities scores
- Top global issues
- Assessment against global strategic issues
- GlobalData's strategic issues map
- Predicted future issues for the Global Savory Snacks sector
- Russia reward and risk assessment
- Opportunity score - Russia Overview
- Consumer Savory Snacks spending trends - peer group comparisons
- Political, Economic, Social and Technological: Analysis
- Enablers and inhibitors of growth
- Savory Snacks - Rewards and opportunities for growth
- Table Market value of Russia's Savory Snacks market, 2011 – 2021
- Summary of Russia's Savory Snacks market
- Market insight - identifying the opportunities to move into
- Market growth by category
- Value growth of Russia's Savory Snacks market by category
- Contribution to change by value
- Table Category values (US$ millions)
- Volume growth of Russia's Savory Snacks market by category
- Contribution to change by volume
- Table Category volumes (millions kg)
- Level of premiumization by category
- Category analysis - key drivers of change in Savory Snacks
- Retail and distribution insight - key channels and retailers driving growth
- Savory Snacks retail channel share - Russia
- Key Retail Channel trends
- Routes to market - retail overview
- Routes to market - key retailers
- Drivers of change in the savory snacks sector
- Company and brand insight - the competitive landscape defined
- Savory snacks category fragmentation
- Company and brand strength
- Private label penetration
- Table Private label growth compared to brands by category (in value Russia's Savory Snacks market, 2011-2016
- Brand share by leading supplier for total savory snacks
- International and domestic brand analysis
- Table Top 5 international Savory Snacks brands
- Table Top 5 domestic Savory Snacks brands
- Company and brand strength
- Consumer insight - who, what, when, where and why
- Strategic issues map - pitfalls and opportunities
- Key consumer drivers for savory snacks
- Key consumers trends in Russia savory snacks sector
- Consumer Groups - Key consumer targets
- Table 2016 Consumption volume shares by consumer group
- Consumer Groups - key consumption motivators
- Table Processed Snacks
- Table Potato Chips
- Table Nuts & Seeds
- Table Pretzels
- Key Health & Wellness trends
- How health & wellness benefits will contribute to growth
- Penetration of health and wellness claims by category
- Consumer trends summary
- Product and packaging insights -
- Key Product Insights in Savory Snacks
- Trends and strategic issues - other notable product trends
- Product & Packaging insights - Key product innovation case studies
- Key product innovation case study : Cheese Thrills
- Key packaging insights
- Trends and strategic issues - package material trends
- Trends and strategic issues - packaging closure
- Product launch key takeouts
- White spaces and innovation opportunities - space to move into
- Highest growth segments to target when entering the Russian savory snacks sector
- Consumer spaces to target when entering Russia's savory snacks market
- Table Top volume CAGR categories 2011 - 2016
- Segment focus - opportunities
- Price change by category in Russia's savory snacks sector
- Pricing strategies - movements in average prices for leading brands
- Table Monthly average unit price point, RUB
- Product launch key takeouts
- Recommendations for new ways to enter the savory snacks sector in Russia
- Category Definitions
- Channel Definitions
- Market Data Measures Definitions
- Consumer Group Measures Definitions
- Research Methodology
- Market Data - 50 Country Methodology
- Market Data - Additional 152 Country Methodology
- Consumer Graphics Methodology
- Health & Wellness Methodology
- Online Price Intelligence Methodology