- Introducing a top growth market for hot drinks
- Top opportunity markets
- GlobalData Consumer's opportunity scoring methodology
- Top 10 global growth opportunities scores
- Top global issues
- Assessment against global strategic issues
- GlobalData's strategic issues map
- Predicted future issues for the global hot drinks sector
- Belgium hot drinks reward and risk assessment
- Opportunity score - Belgium Overview
- Consumer hot drinks spending trends - peer group comparisons
- Political, Economic, Social and Technological: Analysis
- Enablers and inhibitors of growth
- Hot drinks - Rewards and opportunities for growth
- Table Market value of Belgium's hot drinks market, 2011-2021
- Summary of the hot drinks market in Belgium
- Market insight - identifying the opportunities to move into
- Market growth by category
- Value growth of Belgium's hot drinks market by category
- Contribution to change by value
- Table Category values (US$ million)
- Volume growth of Belgium's hot drinks market by category
- Contribution to change by volume
- Table Category volumes (million kg)
- Level of premiumization by category
- Category analysis - key drivers of change in hot drinks
- Retail and distribution insight - key channels and retailers driving growth
- Hot drinks retail channel share - Belgium
- Key Retail Channel trends
- Routes to market - retail overview
- Table Routes to market - retail overview
- Routes to market - key retailers
- Drivers of change in the hot drinks sector
- Company and brand insight - the competitive landscape defined
- Hot drinks category fragmentation
- Company and brand strength
- Private label penetration
- Table Private label growth compared to brands by category (in US$ value terms), in Belgium's hot drinks market, 2011-2016
- Brand Share by leading supplier for total Bakery & Cereals
- International and domestic brand analysis
- Table Top five international hot drinks brands
- Table Top five domestic hot drinks brands
- Company and brand strength
- Consumer insight - who, what, when, where and why
- Strategic issues map - pitfalls and opportunities
- Key consumer drivers for hot drinks
- Key consumers trends in the Belgium hot drinks market
- Consumer Groups - Key consumer targets
- Table 2016 Consumption volume shares by consumer group
- Key Health & Wellness trends
- Consumer trends summary
- Product and packaging insights -
- Key Product Insights in hot drinks
- Trends and strategic issues - other notable product trends
- Product & Packaging insights - Key product innovation case studies
- Key product innovation case study: Cotterley Les Infusions Parfumees
- Key Packaging Insights
- Trends and strategic issues - package material trends
- Trends and strategic issues - packaging closure
- Product launch key takeouts
- White spaces and innovation opportunities - space to move into
- Highest growth segments to target when entering Belgium's hot drinks sector
- Consumer spaces to target when entering the Belgian hot drinks Market
- Table Top volume CAGR categories 2011-2016
- Segment focus - opportunities
- Product launch key takeouts
- Recommendations for new ways to enter the hot drinks market in Belgium
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Research methodology
- Market data - 50 country methodology
- Market data - additional 152 country methodology
- Consumer graphics methodology
- Health & wellness methodology
- Online price intelligence methodology
Top Growth Opportunities: Hot Drinks in Belgium
Belgium has the second-smallest market by value among the countries studied, but is forecast to register substantial growth at a CAGR of over 5% during 2016-2021. This growth is boosted by a number of factors, such as an improving economy and a rising employment rate driven by increasing EU stability.Belgium is a major importer and exporter of hot drinks especially coffee beans. Uncertainty around future trade deals between the UK and the EU due to Brexit will raise concerns about trade and whether trade relationships will remain the same between the UK and Belgium.
Amongst the top ten hot drinks market, Belgium ranks fifth in terms of per capita expenditure in US$ terms, larger than the UK, Poland, the US, Malaysia, and China. The per capita expenditure on hot drinks products is expected to grow by a CARG of around 4.6% during 2016-2021. This growth is primarily attributed to increasing disposable incomes of Belgian consumers, coupled with high levels of affinity towards coffee, which motivates them to seek high-end quality products.
Furthermore, the majority of Belgians are also willing to spend more on hot drinks products which are tagged with ‘Fair-trade’ certification. Consequently, the Belgian hot drinks market offers good growth opportunities in the future and is a long-term market.
The report Top Growth Opportunities: Hot Drinks in Belgium, provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Hot Drinks producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Hot Drinks markets in Belgium through our detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
In depth, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Belgium market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why.
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for Belgium, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Aldi, Carrefour, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Nestle, Koffie F RomboutsScope
Reasons to buy
- Belgium ranks as one of the smallest market in the global Hot Drinks sector in terms of value in US$ terms.
- After a period of declining growth at a CAGR of -0.3% in US$ terms between 2011 and 2016, the Belgium's Hot Drinks market will grow even faster in the next five years to 2021, at a CAGR of 5.2%.
- Hot Drinks consumption is centered on older consumers. The percieved health benefits and claims attached to Hot Drinks products are driving consumption within this group.
- Over 2016-2021, hot coffee will remain the highest value category, while both hot teas and other hot tea drinks are expected to record lose share growth in the same period.
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Belgium 's Hot Drinks consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Hot Drinks sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined.
- This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.