Top Growth Opportunities: Confectionery in New Zealand
Top Growth Opportunities: Confectionery in New Zealand, provides an overview of the Confectionery food market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. GlobalData’s proprietary Risk vs Reward Opportunity model pinpoints the best growth opportunities for Confectionery producers, suppliers and retailers by combining robust, granular data and expert insight. The report uses this framework to identify the best opportunities, analyze white spaces in the market, and outline new product development that will effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states. These are combined to offer strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
This report provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Confectionery producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Confectionery food markets in New Zealand through GlobalData’s detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
GlobalData’s Top Growth Opportunity reports use a risk versus reward opportunity model to identify the best growth markets for Confectionery food producers. Through this in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them.
Get access to -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the New Zealand market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for New Zealand, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs
Reasons to buy
- New Zealand ranks as one of the smallest market in the global Confectionery sector in terms of per capita expenditure in US$ terms.
- After a period of weak growth at a CAGR of 2.6% in US Dollar terms between 2011 and 2016, the New Zealand's Confectionery market will grow even faster in the next five years to 2021, at a CAGR of 6.4%.
- Confectionery consumption is centered on younger consumers. Having grown up in the age of globalization and Western Influence, they have much more positive perceptions of Confectionery products, especially in regards to novel and unique features/flavors.
- Over 2016-2021, chocolates will remain the highest value category, while both Sugar confectionery and Gum expected to record declines in value growth in US$ over the same period.
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of New Zealand 's Confectionery consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Confectionery sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
- 1. Introducing a top growth market for confectionery
- Top 10 global growth opportunities scores
- Top global issues
- Assessment against global strategic issues
- GlobalData’s strategic issues map