Top Growth Opportunities: Confectionery in Poland
Poland ranks fifth among the top 10 countries in terms of per capita expenditure (in US dollar terms). The per capita expenditure on confectionery products in US dollar terms declined at a CAGR of more than -1% in the last five years. However, it is expected to rebound and grow at a CAGR of about 6% during 2016-2021. Moreover, Polish consumers are willing to experiment with novel products that come in new flavors such as savory and spicy. Consequently, the confectionery market in Poland offers good opportunities and is clearly a long-term market.
Polish confectionery market declined at a CAGR of about 1% during 2011-2016 to just above US$2.5 Billion in 2016. Rising disposable incomes, supported by an improving economy, is prompting Polish consumers to spend more on high quality novel products and to indulge in treats more frequently, which is driving the consumption of confectionery products. Consequently, the market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of about 6% during 2016-2021 to reach about US$3.3 Billion by 2021.
Chocolate, the most valued category is expected to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of well over 6% during 2016-2021. It is followed by sugar confectionery, which is forecast to grow at a CAGR of about 4% during the same period. On the other hand, gum, the least valued category, is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 4% during 2016-2021.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for confectionery goods in Poland. This indicates that Polish consumers tend to purchase confectionery as part of their household shopping.
The report Top Growth Opportunities: Confectionery in Poland, provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for savory snack producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of savory snacks food markets in France through our detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
In depth, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the France market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why.
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for France, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Mars, Mondelez International, Colian S.A, E.Wedel, Zabka, BiedronkaScope
Reasons to buy
- Poland ranks fifth among the top 10 countries in terms of per capita expenditure (in US dollar terms)
- The Polish confectionery market declined at a CAGR of 1.2% during 2011-2016 from US$2,662.6 million in 2011 to US$2,504.4 million in 2016.However, it is expected to register growth at a CAGR of 5.9% during 2016-2021 to reach US$3,334.6 million by 2021
- An improving economy and subsequent rise in disposable incomes, supported by low production costs, are driving the demand for confectionery products in Poland
- Moreover, Polish consumers are willing to experiment with novel products that come in new flavors such as savory and spicy. Consequently, the confectionery market in Poland offers good opportunities and is clearly a long-term market
- Increase in Poland’s aging population driven by growing life expectancies and declining birth rates is fuelling NPD in healthier confectionery alternatives within the market.
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Poland's confectionery consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Confectionery sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
- Introducing a top growth market for confectionery
- Top opportunity markets
- GlobalData Consumer's opportunity scoring methodology
- Top 10 global growth opportunities scores
- Top global issues
- Assessment against global strategic issues
- GlobalData's strategic issues map
- Predicted future issues for the global Confectionery sector
- Poland reward and risk assessment
- Opportunity score - Poland overview
- Consumer Confectionery spending trends - peer group comparisons
- Political, economic, social and technological: analysis
- Enablers and inhibitors of growth
- Confectionery - rewards and opportunities for growth
- Table Market value of Poland's confectionery market, 2011-2021
- Summary of the Confectionery market in Poland
- Market insight - identifying the opportunities to move into
- Market growth by category
- Value growth of the Polish Confectionery market by category
- Contribution to change by value
- Table Category values (US$ million)
- Volume growth of the Polish Confectionery market by category
- Contribution to change by volume
- Table Category volumes (kg million)
- Level of premiumization by category
- Category analysis - key drivers of change in Confectionery
- Retail and distribution insight - key channels and retailers driving growth
- Confectionery retail channel share - Poland
- Key retail channel trends
- Routes to market - retail overview
- Routes to market - key retailers
- Drivers of change in the Confectionery sector
- Company and brand insight - the competitive landscape defined
- Confectionery category fragmentation
- Company and brand strength
- Private label penetration
- Table Private label growth compared to brands by category (in value terms), in the Polish confectionery market, 2011-2016
- Brand share by leading supplier for total Confectionery
- International and domestic brand analysis
- Table Top five international confectionery brands
- Table Top five domestic confectionery brands
- Company and brand strength
- Consumer insight - who, what, when, where, and why
- Strategic issues map - pitfalls and opportunities
- Key consumer drivers for Confectionery
- Key consumers trends in the Polish Confectionery sector
- Consumer groups - key consumer targets
- Table 2016 Consumption volume shares by consumer group
- Key health & wellness trends
- How health & wellness benefits will contribute to growth
- Penetration of health & wellness claims by category
- Consumer trends summary
- Product and packaging insights -
- Key product insights in Confectionery
- Trends and strategic issues - other notable product trends
- Product & packaging insights - key product innovation case studies
- Key product innovation case study: Energy Go On! Coconut Bar in Chocolate
- Key packaging insights
- Trends and strategic issues - package material trends
- Trends and strategic issues - packaging closure
- Product launch key takeouts
- White spaces and innovation opportunities - space to move into
- Highest growth segments to target when entering the Polish Confectionery sector
- Consumer spaces to target when entering the Polish Confectionery market
- Table Top volume CAGR categories 2011-2016
- Segment focus - opportunities
- Product launch key takeouts
- Recommendations for new ways to enter the Polish Confectionery sector
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Research Methodology
- Market data - 50 country methodology
- Market data - additional 152 country methodology
- Consumer graphics methodology
- Health & wellness methodology
- Online price intelligence methodology