Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia ranks sixth among the Bakery & Cereals markets in the top 10 countries in terms of per capita expenditure (in US dollar terms), larger than Singapore, the UAE, Malaysia, Japan, and China. The per capita expenditure on bakery and cereal products grew at a modest rate in US dollar terms in the last five years and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2016-2021.
Saudi Arabian Bakery & Cereals market recorded high growth at a CAGR of 6.0% during 2011-2016. An increasing employment rate, coupled with long working hours, is influencing the demand for portable and quick to consume breakfast snacking options.
Saudi Arabian Bakery & Sales market will continue to see strong growth during the next five years, driven by a young, Westernizing demographic base who are looking increasingly to this category for both indulgent bakery products and more health-oriented breakfast cereal products. Consequently, the market is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2016-2021 when compared to 2011-2016.
Bread & Rolls, the largest value category in the Saudi Arabian Bakery & Cereals market, recorded strong growth at a CAGR of 7.8% during 2011-2016 and is forecast to register faster growth at a CAGR of 8.6% in the next five years. Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies, the second largest value category, recorded a CAGR of 6.3% during 2011-2016 and are expected to record growth at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2016-2021. Cereal Bars, one of the smallest value categories is forecast to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 9.0% during the same period. On the other hand, Morning Goods and Savory Biscuits are expected to register the slowest growth at a CAGR of 1.3% each during the forecast period.
The report Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in Saudi Arabia, identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. When combined with an in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them.
The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Saudi Arabian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups over consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for Saudi Arabia, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by GlobalData have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
Mondelez International, Inc., Al Rasheed Food Co, Switz group, The Kellogg Company, Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A., Almarai, Chipita S.A., Americana Group, United Food Industries Corporation Ltd., Le Saffre.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Saudi Arabian Bakery & Sales market will continue to see strong growth during the next five years, driven by a young, Westernizing demographic.
- The per capita expenditure on bakery and cereal products grew at a modest rate in US dollar terms in the last five years.
- Greater rates of value growth than volume growth are evidence of a market that is increasing in average price, and is therefore becoming more premium.
- In most categories, the Saudi Bakery & Cereals Markets is fairly fragmented.
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Saudi Arabia's Bakery & Cereals consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
- INTRODUCING A TOP GROWTH MARKET FOR BAKERY & CEREALS
- TOP OPPORTUNITY MARKETS
- GLOBALDATA Consumer's OPPORTUNITY SCORING METHODOLOGY
- TOP 10 GLOBAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES SCORES
- TOP GLOBAL ISSUES
- ASSESSMENT AGAINST GLOBAL STRATEGIC ISSUES
- GlobalData's STRATEGIC ISSUES MAP
- PREDICTED FUTURE ISSUES FOR THE GLOBAL BAKERY & CEREALS SECTOR
- BAKERY & CEREALS REWARD AND RISK ASSESSMENT
- OPPORTUNITY SCORE – SAUDI ARABIA OVERVIEW
- CONSUMER BAKERY SPENDING TRENDS – PEER GROUP COMPARISONS
- ENABLERS AND INHIBITORS OF GROWTH
- BAKERY & CEREALS – REWARDS AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
- Table MARKET VALUE OF SAUDI Arabia's BAKERY & CEREALS MARKET, 2011–2021
- SUMMARY OF THE BAKERY & CEREALS MARKET IN SAUDI ARABIA
- MARKET INSIGHT – IDENTIFYING THE OPPORTUNITIES TO MOVE INTO
- MARKET GROWTH BY CATEGORY
- VALUE GROWTH OF SAUDI Arabia's BAKERY & CEREALS MARKET BY CATEGORY
- CONTRIBUTION TO CHANGE BY VALUE
- Table CATEGORY VALUES (US$ MILLIONS)
- VOLUME GROWTH OF SAUDI Arabia's BAKERY & CEREALS MARKET BY CATEGORY
- CONTRIBUTION TO CHANGE BY VOLUME
- Table CATEGORY VOLUMES (MILLIONS KG)
- LEVEL OF PREMIUMIZATION BY CATEGORY
- CATEGORY ANALYSIS – KEY DRIVERS OF CHANGE IN BAKERY & CEREALS
- RETAIL AND DISTRIBUTION INSIGHT – KEY CHANNELS AND RETAILERS DRIVING GROWTH
- BAKERY & CEREALS RETAIL CHANNEL SHARE – SAUDI ARABIA
- KEY RETAIL CHANNEL TRENDS
- ROUTES TO MARKET – RETAIL OVERVIEW
- ROUTES TO MARKET – KEY RETAILERS
- DRIVERS OF CHANGE IN THE BAKERY & CEREALS SECTOR
- COMPANY AND BRAND INSIGHT – THE COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE DEFINED
- BAKERY & CEREALS CATEGORY FRAGMENTATION
- COMPANY AND BRAND STRENGTH
- PRIVATE LABEL PENETRATION
- Table PRIVATE LABEL VALUE PENETRATION 2016 PRIVATE LABEL GROWTH COMPARED TO BRANDS BY CATEGORY (IN VALUE TERMS), IN SAUDI Arabia's BAKERY & CEREALS MARKET, 2011–2016
- BRAND SHARE BY LEADING SUPPLIER FOR TOTAL BAKERY & CEREALS
- INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC BRAND ANALYSIS
- Table TOP FIVE INTERNATIONAL BAKERY & CEREALS
- Table TOP FIVE DOMESTIC BAKERY & CEREALS
- COMPANY AND BRAND STRENGTH
- CONSUMER INSIGHT – WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, AND WHY
- STRATEGIC ISSUES MAP – PITFALLS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- KEY CONSUMER DRIVERS FOR BAKERY & CEREALS
- KEY CONSUMER TRENDS IN THE SAUDI BAKERY & CEREALS SECTOR
- CONSUMER GROUPS – KEY CONSUMER TARGETS
- Table CONSUMPTION VOLUME SHARES BY CONSUMER GROUP, 2016
- KEY HEALTH & WELLNESS TRENDS
- HOW HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS WILL CONTRIBUTE TO GROWTH
- PENETRATION OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS CLAIMS BY CATEGORY
- CONSUMER TRENDS SUMMARY
- PRODUCT AND PACKAGING INSIGHTS
- KEY PRODUCT INSIGHTS IN BAKERY & CEREALS
- TRENDS AND STRATEGIC ISSUES – OTHER NOTABLE PRODUCT TRENDS
- PRODUCT & PACKAGING INSIGHTS – KEY PRODUCT INNOVATION CASE STUDIES
- KEY PRODUCT INNOVATION CASE STUDY: PANDA - BROWN MAAMOUL COOKIES
- KEY PACKAGING INSIGHTS
- TRENDS AND STRATEGIC ISSUES – PACKAGING MATERIAL TRENDS
- TRENDS AND STRATEGIC ISSUES – PACKAGING CLOSURE
- PRODUCT LAUNCH KEY TAKEOUTS
- WHITE SPACES AND INNOVATION OPPORTUNITIES – SPACE TO MOVE INTO
- HIGHEST GROWTH SEGMENTS TO TARGET WHEN ENTERING THE SAUDI BAKERY & CEREALS SECTOR
- CONSUMER SPACES TO TARGET WHEN ENTERING THE SAUDI BAKERY & CEREALS SECTOR
- Table TOP VOLUME CAGR CATEGORIES 2011–2016
- SEGMENT FOCUS – OPPORTUNITIES
- PRODUCT LAUNCH KEY TAKEOUTS
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW WAYS TO ENTER THE BAKERY & CEREALS MARKET IN SAUDI ARABIA
- CATEGORY DEFINITIONS
- CHANNEL DEFINITIONS
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- MARKET DATA - 50 COUNTRY METHODOLOGY
- MARKET DATA - ADDITIONAL 152 COUNTRY METHODOLOGY
- CONSUMER GRAPHICS METHODOLOGY
- HEALTH & WELLNESS METHODOLOGY
- ONLINE PRICE INTELLIGENCE METHODOLOGY