Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in Chile
Chile ranks first amongst the best opportunities in Bakery & Cereals markets in terms of per capita expenditure (in US$ terms). The per capita expenditure on Bakery & Cereal products in US$ terms declined by 2.0% CAGR in the last five years. However, with a rising employment rate and rapidly increasing urbanization in Chile, Chileans are more willing to spend more on everyday essentials such as Bakery & Cereals. Consequently, the per capita expenditure is projected to grow at a faster CAGR of 3.3% during 2016-2021 when compared to 2011-2016.
Chile had gone through a period of economic slowdown and political instability, causing the Bakery & Cereals market to decline with a -1.0% CAGR during 2011-2016. However, an improving economy and rapidly increasing urbanization are driving the growth of the market. Consequently, the market is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2016-2021 and is expected to be worth US$8,500+ Million by 2021.
Chile is considered one of the most stable and wealthy countries in South America in a number of aspects. Stability and prosperity has led to a considerable market value in Bakery & Cereals. However, the market was impacted by the country's economic downturn during 2011-2016, resulting in decline during 2013 to 2015, which led to an overall decline of -1.0% in the market. This downturn in the market was relatively brief but impacted consumer confidence, despite a return to growth forecasted for 2016 onwards.
Bread & Rolls has been the top value category, which is expected to register growth at a CAGR of 4.0% during 2016-2021. The Dough Products category is expected to record the fastest value growth in US$ terms at a CAGR of 7.5% in the next five years and is estimated to reach US$38.4 Million by 2021.
The report Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in Chile, identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. When combined with an in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Chilean market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups over consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for Chile, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by GlobalData have on Meat consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and Chile-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Grupo Bimbo, Nestle, Carozzi, Cereal Partners Worldwide, San Camilo, Lo Saldes, Arcor, Mondelez International, PepsiCo, Castano.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Over the past five years, Chile had witnessed a minor decline in the Bakery & Cereals market value, which showed a negative CAGR in US Dollars between 2011 and 2016.
- However, the Chilean Bakery & Cereals market will be gaining more ground in the next five years, with a much more strengthened growth between 2016 and 2021.
- Chile ranks first amongst the best opportunities in Bakery & Cereals markets in terms of per capita expenditure (in US$ terms).
- The Chilean Bakery & Cereal market has a low private label penetration
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Chile's Meat consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
- Introducing a top growth market for Bakery & Cereals
- Top opportunity markets
- GlobalData Consumer's opportunity scoring methodology
- Top 10 global growth opportunities scores
- Top global issues
- Assessment against global strategic issues
- GlobalData's strategic issues map
- Predicted future issues for the Global Bakery & Cereals sector
- Chile reward and risk assessment
- Opportunity score – Chile Overview
- Consumer bakery spending trends – peer group comparisons
- Political, Economic, Social and Technological: Analysis
- Enablers and inhibitors of growth
- Bakery & Cereals – Rewards and opportunities for growth
- Table Market value of Chile's Bakery & Cereals market, 2011–2021
- Summary of the Bakery & Cereals market in Chile
- Market insight – identifying the opportunities to move into
- Market growth by category
- Value growth of Chile's Bakery & Cereals market by category
- Contribution to change by value
- Table Category values (US$ million)
- Volume growth of Chile's Bakery & Cereals market by category
- Contribution to change by volume
- Table Category volumes (million kg)
- Level of premiumization by category
- Category analysis – key drivers of change in Bakery & Cereals
- Retail and distribution insight – key channels and retailers driving growth
- Bakery & Cereals retail channel share – Chile
- Key Retail Channel trends
- Routes to market – retail overview
- Routes to market – key retailers
- Drivers of change in Bakery & Cereals
- Company and brand insight – the competitive landscape defined
- Bakery & Cereals category fragmentation
- Company and brand strength
- Private label penetration
- Table Private label growth compared to brands by category (in value terms), in Chile's Bakery & Cereals market, 2011–2016
- Brand Share by leading supplier for total Bakery & Cereals
- International and domestic brand analysis
- Table Top 5 international Bakery & Cereals brands
- Table Top 5 domestic Bakery & Cereals brands
- Company and brand strength
- Consumer insight – who, what, when, where and why
- Strategic issues map – pitfalls and opportunities
- Key consumer drivers for Bakery & Cereals
- Key consumers trends in Chilean Bakery & Cereals
- Consumer Groups – Key consumer targets
- Table 2016 Consumption volume shares by consumer group
- Key Health & Wellness trends
- How Health & Wellness benefits will contribute to growth
- Consumer trends summary
- Product and packaging insights –
- Key Product Insights in Bakery & Cereals
- Trends and strategic issues – other notable product trends
- Product & Packaging insights – Key product innovation case studies
- Key product innovation case study : Hershey's Cereal Bar
- Key Packaging Insights
- Trends and strategic issues – package material trends
- Trends and strategic issues – packaging closure
- Product launch key takeouts
- White spaces and innovation opportunities – space to move into
- Highest growth segments to target when entering the Chilean sector
- Consumer spaces to target when entering the Chilean Bakery & Cereals market
- Table Top volume CAGR categories 2011–2016
- Segment focus – opportunities
- Product launch key takeouts
- Recommendations for new ways to enter the Bakery & Cereals sector in Chile
- Category Definitions
- Channel Definitions
- Research Methodology
- Market Data - 50 Country Methodology
- Market Data - Additional 152 Country Methodology
- Consumer Graphics Methodology
- Health & Wellness Methodology
- Online Price Intelligence Methodology