Greece Smoking Tobacco, 2021
Greece Smoking Tobacco, 2021, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greek Smoking Tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Greece supports a substantial tobacco market volumes have fallen back in recent years and are forecast at 14,624 tons in 2020. The smoking tobacco market has performed extremely well from a very low base of 75 tons in 1990 to 2,362 tons in 2019. Forecasts for 2020 are for a 5.8% fall with the COVID-19 pandemic having a major impact on the market and the ability to purchase tobacco. The Greek smoking population is boosted quite considerably by tourism, which also has an influence on smoking patterns.
Reasons to Buy
- The market for smoking tobacco is relatively small. Cigarettes in 2019 accounted for 83.1% of the market, while smoking tobacco accounted for 15.2%. Cigars and cigarillos are credited with 1.7% of volumes in 2020 helped by the entry of pipe tobacco cigars into the market. Smokeless volumes are negligible.
- Sales are dominated by fine-cut tobacco (FCT), which accounted for 98.9% of volumes in 2020 compared to 1.1% for pipe tobacco.
- Greece is a major producer of smoking tobacco, with Karelia the largest producer. Expansion by Karelia has been a major upward driver.
- A survey released by ΚΑΠΑ Research in January 2018 suggests that a major fall in those who are smoking on a regular and occasional basis has occurred from 2012 to 2017. It noted that both groups amounted to only 27.1% of adults in 2017 compared to 36.7% in 2012. Only 16.3% of adults were daily smokers in 2017 compared with 30.5% in 2012.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 01 Introduction
- 02 Market context
- 03 Market size and structure
- 04 Production and trade
- 05 Taxation and retail prices
- 06 Manufacturers and brands
- 07 The smoking population
- 08 Operating constraints
- 09 Distribution
- 10 Prospects and forecasts
- 11 Appendix