Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Kuwaiti Insurance Industry
GlobalData’s Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Kuwaiti Insurance Industry, report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Kuwait, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Kuwait.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The Kuwaiti insurance industry is regulated by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Kuwaiti insurance industry.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and liability insurance for pleasure crafts are compulsory classes of insurance in Kuwait.
- Composite insurance is permitted in the Kuwaiti insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Kuwait with few exceptions.
Reasons to buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Kuwaiti insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 What is this Report About?
- 1.2 Definitions
- 2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- 2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- 2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
- 2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- 2.3.1 Life insurance
- 2.3.2 Property insurance
- 2.3.3 Motor insurance
- 2.3.4 Liability insurance
- 2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- 2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
- 2.4 Compulsory Insurance
- 2.4.1 Professional indemnity insurance for insurance consultants
- 2.4.2 Third-party liability insurance for pleasure crafts
- 2.4.3 Liability insurance for oil pollution damage
- 2.5 Supervision and Control
- 2.5.1 Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI)
- 2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- 2.6.1 Overview
- 2.6.2 Intermediaries
- 2.6.3 Market practices
- 2.6.4 Fines and penalties
- 2.7 Company Registration and Operations
- 2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
- 2.7.2 Establishing a local company
- 2.7.3 Foreign ownership
- 2.7.4 Types of license
- 2.7.5 Capital requirements
- 2.7.6 Solvency margin
- 2.7.7 Reserve requirements
- 2.7.8 Investment regulations
- 2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
- 2.7.10 Fee structure
- 2.8 Taxation
- 2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxations
- 2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- 2.8.3 Corporate tax
- 2.8.4 VAT
- 2.8.5 Captives
- 2.9 Legal System
- 2.9.1 Introduction
- 2.9.2 Access to court
- 2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
- 3 APPENDIX
- 3.1 Methodology
- 3.2 Contact GlobalData
- 3.3 About GlobalData
- 3.4 GlobalData’s Services
- 3.5 Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
- Table 2: Kuwait - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Table 3: Kuwait - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 4: Kuwait - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 5: Kuwait - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 6: Kuwait - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 7: Kuwait - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Kuwait - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation