ForeSights: Surprisingly Colorful Foods and Drinks
ForeSights: Surprisingly Colorful Foods and Drinks examines the use of novel colors for food and drink products. This report identifies major drivers of the surprisingly colorful foods trend, looks at different ways that the trend is playing out, and examines possible implications for packaged goods marketers.
Food and drink preferences are based on many factors. Color is one of the most basic product differentiators, but tends to be under-utilized compared to other characteristics, like taste. That is changing as the rise of social media platforms elevates the importance of how foods and beverages look, encouraging consumers to seek out vibrantly colored products.
Reasons to buy
- The unexpected use of color allows food- and drink-makers to unleash creativity in new ways.
- Surprisingly colorful foods and drinks tap into the popularity of sharing experiences on social media, especially by younger consumers.
- Millennials are five to six times more likely to regularly share photos of the foods or drinks they consume on social media than consumers aged 65-plus.
- Color can influence the perception of taste for a food or beverage, reinforcing a flavor, or creating a surprise.
- New research suggests that humans rely on a color code to evaluate foods and that this code influences choice more than we consciously realize.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into – or challenge – current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
- About ForeSights
- TrendSights review