ForeSights: Functional Mushrooms - A superfood blurring the lines between nutrition and medicine
Functional mushrooms such as chaga, reishi, shiitake, and maitake are gaining appeal as a superfood ingredient in a diverse array of food and drinks, as well as skincare and haircare products.
Functional mushrooms, also called medicinal mushrooms, are a select group of edible mushrooms that provide nutritive and sensory value, as well as substantial health and medicinal benefits.
Reasons to buy
- Functional mushrooms are versatile ingredients that can be incorporated into a diverse array of food and beverage formats to offer convenience to consumers.
- These nutrient-dense mushrooms address the growing consumer demand for fresh, natural, and “clean” foods.
- Owing to their purported medicinal properties, functional mushrooms can appeal to consumers who are striving to attain health and wellness through their diets.
- Extracts of functional mushrooms can serve as an natural substitutes for a host of synthetic ingredients, thereby paving the way for cleaner cosmetics and personal care products.
- Provides an early warning system for emerging trends, threats, and opportunities in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Drives analysis of potential future consumer behavior.
- Generates ideas and inspiration for new product development.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What?
- 3. Why?
- 4. Take-Outs
- 5. Appendix