Digiceuticals are computer software, smartphones, digital services, and so on with the potential to improve health outcomes as much as drugs can. Digiceuticals reside at the intersection of medicine and digital health technology and have the potential to increase medication compliance and enhance focus on patient behavior modification.
Digiceuticals are a promising new development in healthcare that use technology to leverage and improve the effectiveness of pharmaceuticals, even replacing them in some cases.
Reasons to buy
- Technology is often used to create pharmaceuticals, but is rarely used to improve the efficacy of drugs already prescribed. The latter is at the core of the digiceuticals concept.
- Digiceuticals have the potential to increase medication compliance, without increasing costs or causing risky side-effects.
- According to the World Health Organization, about 50% of prescribed medications are not taken as directed.
- A majority of healthcare spending today goes to treat patients suffering from chronic diseases like diabetes like diabetes.
- Patient behavior largely determines the outcome of chronic disease management. Digiceuticals focus on behavior modification for behavior-mediated health conditions.
- Something as simple as a text message can double the odds of pharmaceutical adherence.
- Provides an early warning system for emerging trends, threats, and opportunities in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Drives analysis of potential future consumer behavior.
- Generates ideas and inspiration for new product development.
- About ForeSights