Food & Grocery Retailing in Spain, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Food & Grocery Retailing in Spain, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Spain retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Spain food and grocery retail industry.
Spanish consumers typically look for value. A large portion of Spanish consumers make informed purchases and seek products that offer the highest value. Most of these consumers belong to middle-income groups, which explains the higher inclination towards retailers that offer higher affordability. Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters is the largest channel for Food & Grocery sales, accounting for a share of 53.8% of the overall sector in 2016. However, online is the fastestgrowing channel and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.2% during 2016-2021 on the back of growing online grocery sales.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
Reasons to buy
- The Food & Grocery sector achieved sales of €125.8 billion in 2016, accounting for 58.9% share of the country’s total retail sales
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters is the largest channel for Food & Grocery sales
- Food & Grocery retailers started offering special lines of organic products to tap the growing demand for organic food in the country
- Food and grocery retail sales accounted for the highest share of the total Spanish retail market in 2016.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Spain retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Spain retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Food & Grocery