Food & Grocery Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Food & Grocery Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Japan retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Japan food and grocery retail industry.
Japan is the third-largest economy in the world, with a population of 126 million as of 2016. The retail market is estimated to reach J¥ 114.8 trillion by 2021, rising at a CAGR of 1.5% during 2016-2021. Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters will remain the leading channel with a 42.9% share of the total sector in 2021. The market is undergoing a significant shift, as consumer preferences evolve towards natural and organic food.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
Reasons to buy
- The food & grocery retail market generates a 49.6% share of total retail sales in Japan
- The sector’s value is forecast to rise at a CAGR of 1.4% during 2016-2021, reaching J¥ 56.9 trillion by 2021
- The online channel is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.4% between 2016 and 2021 to reach J¥ 1.4 trillion, and will increase its penetration to 2.5% by 2021
- The food & grocery sector will dominate retail market growth with the largest value share of 56.9% expected in 2021
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Japan retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Japan retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The State of the nation
- The State of retail
- Food & grocery