Food & Grocery Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Food & Grocery Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Ireland retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Ireland food and grocery retail industry.
As the economy recovers from the impact of the global financial crisis retail sales growth will more than double.CAGR for total retail 2016-2021 will be 2.6% compared with 1.1% over the previous five years. This will add €4.8bn in sales to reach €39.3bn by 2021. As consumer confidence returns and discretionary spending increases, Ireland is becoming an attractive market to foreign entrants again. Discounters Aldi and Lidl are expanding as consumers continue to seek value.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
Reasons to buy
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Irish retail industry and contributed more than 50% to total retail sales in 2016
- Sector sales are forecast to grow at 2.7% CAGR between 2016 and 2021 to reach €19.9 billion by 2021
- The Irish Musgrave Group dominates - its four separate fascia account for 25% of all food & grocery spend, but Tesco, Lidl and Aldi account for 30%
- The online channel is fairly immature in Ireland and while growing fast in food & grocery (CAGR 13.6% in 2016-2021) it share will only be 4.5%
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Ireland retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Ireland retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Food & grocery