Food & Grocery Retailing in Indonesia, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Food & Grocery Retailing in Indonesia, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Indonesia retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Indonesia food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Indonesian retail industry, accounting for 64.9% of total retail sales. In 2016, food & grocery sales stood at Rp2,513.8 trillion and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during 2016-2021 to reach Rp3,783.8 trillion by 2021. Convenience stores is the largest channel in the sector, followed by hypermarkets, while online retail is still in a nascent stage. The online channel is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 22.5% during 2016-2021 with sales reaching up to Rp5.2 trillion by 2021. The sector is dominated by local retailers such as Indomaret, Alfa, Super Indo, and Family Mart. Each witnessed growth in sales supported by a stable economy, which increased private spending.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
Reasons to buy
- The overall retail industry will improve between 2016 and 2021
- Food & grocery sales will be driven by a stable economy and improved purchasing power
- Specialists channel loses share to convenience stores and hypermarkets/supermarkets
- Local retailers dominate the sector
- All the top 10 players compete in the mass market segment
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Indonesia retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating inIndonesia retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The State of the nation
- The State of retail
- Food & grocery