Food & Grocery Retailing in Hungary, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Food & Grocery Retailing in Hungary, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Hungary retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Hungary food and grocery retail industry.
The recovery of economic growth, increase in wages, and increasing awareness of healthy eating habits will drive sector sales over the forecast period. However, economic uncertainty over the past few years has made Hungarians shift their preference to private label brands that offer better value, and this trend will continue during the 2016 -2021 period. Hypermarkets, supermarkets, and harddiscounters is the largest channel in terms of sales value and accounted for 67.6% of overall sector sales in 2016. The top four players, including Tesco, Spar, Coop Hungary, and CBA, together held more than half (50.5%) of overall sector sales in 2016.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
Reasons to buy
- A host of favourable factors drive retail sales growth
- Sector sales to register steady growth over the forecast period
- International players have a dominant presence
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters lose share
- Top 3 retailers accounted for a share of 39.6% in 2016
- Tesco is leading the market with a market in 2016
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Hungary retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Hungary retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Food & grocery