Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Latin AmericaSection 1: Latin America in a global context: This section provides a comparison of Latin America's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size and trends with other regions.Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Latin America fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities.Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2018-2023. - Section 5: Key Findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Latin America fixed broadband market.Scope
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Latin America, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Latin America. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
While DSL is the current leading technology in Latin America, its share of total fixed broadband lines will decline due to the strong push from operators to migrate their customer base to fiber. Additionally, fiber optic (FTTH/B) lines will increase, driven by fiber-optic network expansion initiatives by governments across the region to reach underserved areas, and FTTH network expansions by telecom operators.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to buy
- Fixed broadband lines in Latin America will reach 99.2 million by the end of 2023, led by FTTH/B and cable segments.
- Internet services revenue will account for 72.9% of the total fixed revenue in 2023, up from 64.9% in 2018.
- Operators in Latin America are investing in FTTH network infrastructure to enable them offer seamless multiplay services around fixed broadband and IPTV.
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Latin America’s fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Latin America’s fixed broadband markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Latin America's evolving fixed broadband market.
- Key Takeaways 5
- Latin America Highlights 6
- Section 1: Latin America in a Global Context 7
- Latin America’s Demographics at a Glance 8
- Latin America in a Global Context 9
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics 10
- Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in Latin America 11
- Major Competitive Changes in Latin America 12
- National Broadband Plans 13
- Latin America’s Main Competitive Market Trends 14
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends 15
- Internet User Trends in Latin America 16
- Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in Latin America 17
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends 18
- Fixed Broadband ARPU in Latin America 19
- Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in Latin America 20
- Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations 21
- Appendix 23
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Population, 2017-2023 (Millions) 8
- Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2017-2023 (US$Trillion) 8
- Exhibit 3: Real GDP Growth, 2017-2023 8
- Exhibit 4: Voice Lines Penetration, 2018 (% of Population) 9
- Exhibit 5: Internet Users as a % of Total Population 9
- Exhibit 6: Broadband Lines Penetration, 2018 9
- Exhibit 7: Internet Users, Latin America, 2017-2023 (Millions) 16
- Exhibit 8: Fixed Broadband Line and Penetration in Latin America, 2017-2023 16
- Exhibit 9: Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, Latin America, 2018-2023 17
- Exhibit 10: Top Five Latin America Markets in Terms of FTTH/B As a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2023 17
- Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in Latin America, 2018 19
- Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, Latin America, 2018-2023 20
- Exhibit 13: Select Latin America Fixed Broadband Market Sizes And Growth Prospects, 2018 20