Fixed Broadband Market in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), 2021 Update - Analysing Market Trends, Competitive Dynamics and Opportunities till 2026
Fixed Broadband Market in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), 2021 Update, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in AME. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
'AME as a region is largely a developing fixed broadband market.
Governments and regulators are working in tandem to drive and develop fixed broadband infrastructure and adoption.
Major government-backed national broadband plans will support the expansion of fiber coverage, faster Internet speeds, boost competition, and increased fixed broadband adoption.
Fixed broadband development also provides more service bundling and monetization opportunities for telcos - e.g., OTT video, cloud gaming, home office solutions (e.g., UC&C), and smart home services.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: AME in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of AME's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the AMEan fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidations, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2021-2026. - Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for AME's fixed broadband market.
Reasons to Buy
- Fixed broadband lines penetration of the population will reach 6.9% in 2021 and will grow to 10.5% by 2026.
- Fixed broadband lines in AME will reach 198.6 million by 2026. The xDSL segment will remain the dominant technology, though its share will decrease from 56.3% in 2021 to 47.4% in 2026. Fiber will expand the most, increasing by 37.8 million lines in the same period.
- FTTH/B will account for 33.9% of total fixed broadband lines in 2026, up from 25.4% in 2021.
- Between 2021 and 2026, operators in the AME will generate a cumulative US$107.1 billion in fixed Internet services revenue.
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of AME’s fixed broadband market trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in AME’s fixed broadband markets.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in AME's evolving fixed broadband market.
- List of exhibits
- AME’s Fixed Broadband Markets - Key Takeaways
- Africa & Middle East Highlights
- Section 1: Africa & the Middle East in a Global Context
- AME’s Demographics at a Glance
- AME in a Global Context
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics
- Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in AME
- Major Competitive Changes in AME
- National Broadband Plans: A Key Growth Driver of Fixed Broadband in AME
- AME’s Main Competitive Market Trends
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
- Internet User Trends in AME
- Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in AME
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
- Fixed Broadband ARPU in AME
- Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in AME
- Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Population, 2020-2026 (Millions)
- Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2020-2026 (US$ Billions)
- Exhibit 3: Real GDP Growth, 2019-2022
- Exhibit 4: Voice Lines Penetration, 2021 (% of Total Population)
- Exhibit 5: Internet User Penetration, 2021 (% of Total Population)
- Exhibit 6: Broadband Lines Penetration, 2021
- Exhibit 7: Internet Users, AME, 2020-2026 (Millions)
- Exhibit 8: Fixed Broadband Lines and Penetration in AME, 2020-2026
- Exhibit 9: Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, AME, 2020-2026
- Exhibit 10: Five Select AME Markets in Terms of FTTH/B as a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2026
- Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in AME (US$), 2020-2026
- Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, AME, 2020-2026
- Exhibit 13: Select AME Fixed Broadband Market Sizes and Growth Prospects, 2021